Interesting Google article

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRDCorolla1

Golden Master
It's funny to read this because we all regard Google as the number one place to work. Not according to this article and it sounds like they're starting to nit-pick about everything:

PC World - Why Google Has Lost Its Mojo

I say, who cares? Pays good, has good benefits. Who cares about M&Ms and water bottles, lol. Get your own....

Most people are never really happy with their jobs. Regardless of their pay, benefits, conditions, perks, etc... There comes a time in most working careers where you scratch your head and realize, I'm simply just not happy here. Then you try to verify your unhappiness by finding faults in the company. People feel they need to defend their negative feelings about their jobs or employers. "MOST TIMES" it all boils down to people get sucked into the monotonous routines of a work week. Big Companies such as google are notorious for having overly structured company cultures. They want you to act a certain way, be a certain way or simply mold into something that you are not in order to get a paycheck, regardless of how you perform.

There was mention of a google employee explaining how google has way too much software that is always broken. This doesn't surprise me one bit. I've always wondered how a start-up company could evolve from a search engine to advanced global mapping programs. The problem with a lot of companies is that they bite off way more than they can chew. Some companies try to flood the market with quantity rather than quality.

That guy probably got fed up with always having to fix software bugs day in and day out. Probably while being forced to work on new pieces of software when he **** well knew the last few pieces were still broken. That gets frustrating after awhile and you begin to start doubting your own abilities.

Although, M&M's and Water Bottles is a nice perk. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom