Intel to buy McAfee in $7.68 billion deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats why I have always been an AMD fanboy (I hate that term). Waiting for them to come back and outperform Intel--perhaps now that Intel can nolonger optimize systems for only their processor we might see it soon

I read that Intel bought out McAfee for not because of their Anti virus side but for their security enhancements that Intel can use on products in their processors or something like TVs, PCs, handhelds, etc anything electronic.

This turned into an Intel bashing thread pretty quickly. You guys still have slower cpus, so complain all you want.

I can understand if they want to branch out into other markets, I mean look at Google, they are everywhere. but I think they run the risk of fragmenting. The should stick to what they do best, cpus.

Knowing Intel it will only be optimized for Intel processors. All others will have to run through additional sub-routines thereby crippling their performance. At least that's how they've done everything else so far. ;)

They better do a better job than was Microsoft did when they purchased that OneCare AntiViris.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom