Installing some dated Software

Pinta77

Beta member
I couldn't find a software section, so I thought perhaps I should post here.

I currently have a program that is supposed to burn games to special discs. As far as I can tell, this program is a legitimate program used by actual game developers that somehow leaked onto the internet.

I'm currently trying to install the program, and every time I do, it says it's been successfully installed yet i cant find any files anywhere on my computer.

I have a .pdf of the manual for this software. Says I need Windows NT4.0 SP6 or later, or Windows 2000 (I'm on windows 8.) Is it possible that my computer is too new to work with this dated software?

I'm glad to share more details/specifics if anyone needs them. I guess what I'm trying to ask is why would an installer say everything is installed and then have no files appear anywhere on the computer?

I hope you have a good AV because that reeks of fish
+1 to this.

If by special disc you mean a mini, dual layer, or something like a Playstation black disc these are all common. If the software/manual anywhere says anything about being able to record the DRM wave of a game disc this is 100% BS. This requires special burners tuned to record the DRM layer at a different wave than what's standard so the reader can read this and the DRM chip built in can detect the wave and notice it's a legit disc.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom