Inquiry regarding apathy toward specific companies

Status
Not open for further replies.
That post was digging WAY to far into it ^^^

To put it short and simple:

Maroon1 (and not just him, but fanboys in general) is entitled to his own opinion. But when that opinion leads to baseless recommendations AGAINST something just for the sheer reason that he/she does not like the company and has NO REASON for not liking said company, that is where the issue arises. This thread was started as a simple, honest, genuine question to try and understand Maroon1 better. As you put it "to understand his emotions and experiences." But instead, Maroon1 just threw back more fight causing arguments.

No, he does not ever HAVE to do something just because we ask, but it is normally a common courtesy, and would be very helpful to ALL of us if he would not be degrading a company for no apparent reason. So I ask again, genuinely, of Maroon1:

Why do you dislike AMD/ATI? If you do not wish to continue a public conversation, you can PM me and we can discuss this privately. I will not disclose anything you tell me to other forum members. I only wish to understand and see things "from your shoes," but without this knowledge I cannot do that.

That post was digging WAY to far into it ^^^

To put it short and simple:

Maroon1 (and not just him, but fanboys in general) is entitled to his own opinion. But when that opinion leads to baseless recommendations AGAINST something just for the sheer reason that he/she does not like the company and has NO REASON for not liking said company, that is where the issue arises. This thread was started as a simple, honest, genuine question to try and understand Maroon1 better. As you put it "to understand his emotions and experiences." But instead, Maroon1 just threw back more fight causing arguments.

No, he does not ever HAVE to do something just because we ask, but it is normally a common courtesy, and would be very helpful to ALL of us if he would not be degrading a company for no apparent reason. So I ask again, genuinely, of Maroon1:

Why do you dislike AMD/ATI? If you do not wish to continue a public conversation, you can PM me and we can discuss this privately. I will not disclose anything you tell me to other forum members. I only wish to understand and see things "from your shoes," but without this knowledge I cannot do that.

Perhaps my previous post was digging too deep into this thread. But, at least I put the time and effort into conveying my feelings on the subject matter.

It seems obvious to me that, like another poster pointed out, Maroon has posted countless posts regarding his dislike or like in certain areas and isn't this enough for any individual to compile some sort of understanding why an individual has those opinions?

Sure he got defensive. ANYONE WOULD when singled out and put on the spot. He was MADE to defend himself. It's a natural reaction when someone challenges your opinions. Which apok has done by making this thread. IMO this thread was not to get inside the mind of maroon. It was because apok doesn't like maroons opinions.

apok said:
Nope, I just take issue with the fact that you consistently point out negative things about AMD/ATI not because you think people should know them, but because you want AMD/ATI to look bad. Then you ignore negative facts about Intel or Nvidia.

Why does that bother you so much? Why do you feel you need to take issue with his opinions? Do you feel his opinions regardless of the facts make you're opinions less valued? it doesn't matter what his opinions are. You have yours and that's all that matters. How do you feel about your opinions apok? That should be your concern. Do you think that he will some how rally the troops against you and your opinions? I'm really not sure why you take it so seriously? Are you some how trying to defend truth and fact? because like we've already clearly laid out, TRUTH AND FACT have nothing to do with opinion.

I hate "peas" they taste terrible, the texture is ever worse and the look of them makes me sick. I will defend my dislike of peas to the day I die. I HATE PEAS. If this was a food forum I would constantly tell people I hate peas. BIG DEAL! My opinion of peas doesn't change the fact that they are a wholesome, nutritious and healthy vegetable. It also doesn't change the fact that many people do like them and enjoy them.

No this thread isn't about Maroon, it's about APOK. I've had many issues with Apok in my time here. We've argued opinions several times. He just doesn't seem to get it. I've tried to make peace with him a few times and he was very receptive to that. I've mentioned to him on several occasions that he is an intelligent and knowledgeable individual with much to offer tech forums. Nothing was sugar coated and I still feel that way now. His style of debate is very meticulous and contrived. There is nothing wrong with that. This world does need debate. He is very good at it. Unfortunately many other here are not. He knows that and so do I. He likes to debate things. I believe that's in his nature. Which is fine. Debating stuff is not in everyone nature. Some people like to say their opinions and close there ears to everything there after. That's just the way it is. Everyone needs to deal with it, it's a big part of life.

/semi-rant

I agree with everything you said. The only real problem with it is that while Maroon1 does post enough negative posts to SEE his distaste, he does not offer any reason in any of his posts as to WHY he has this distaste.

Like you stated:
I hate "peas" they taste terrible, the texture is ever worse and the look of them makes me sick. I will defend my dislike of peas to the day I die.
That is a valid argument because not only did you state your opinion, but you gave reason for it. If that were translated to Maroon1 methods, it would simply say:
I hate "peas" they are bad.
Without any reasoning like in the first version.

I know this is just a pointless conversation at this point because I think Maroon1 tuned this out long ago, but I only ask for a reason with an opinion, like your example stated. If everyone did that, I would have no problem with their opinion as it would have a solid base.

i think this started off with having some potential, but as i posted earlier it has just become immature and childish in maroon1's blatant dodging of the initial question, in some ways i would agree that this should have just been deleted and taken behind closed doors between apok and maroon1. I think this is just going to become a who can say the most about their side of the argument, and probably should be locked.

Well, I understand why people want a quality explanation as to why someone has formed a particular opinion regarding any subject matter. We feel we need that because it's our way to identify with someones opinion that greatly differs from ours.

As stated, I'm the type of person that will label the reasons for my opinions. Others, including Apok do the same. Some people possibly like Maroon, do not feel the need to explain their opinions in detail. NO ONE is entitled to explain their opinions. That's my point. If someone doesn't want to go into great detail why they have formed their opinions, that is their right. it doesn't really support their opinion/s and it doesn't really debunk them either. it's more or less a lack of communication.

now, I'm willing to bet that Maroon has offered at least some reason for his opinions that vary from Apoks or anyone else's. My best guess is that when he does, it's rejected and debated. I'm willing to bet dollars to donuts that through repeated attempts to make his opinions valid, he has giving up. Possibly from a lack of interest in debate. Like I said before, some people will debate, some aren't interested. This is a unique feature to every human being. Everyone is different and that's what makes each of us great in our own ways.

May-be I'm crazy? I could be.

maroon1 always recommends Intel. So what? he has every right to do that. Apokalipse does the exact same thing with AMD and no one says anything about it. (no offense Apok)

the difference between the two is that maroon1 will always rebut any statement made that would try and push amd. if you look at his posts, if someone were to recommend a 3870, he would turn around and say WELL! for blah blah blah you can get a blah blah blah and its better then that. blah.! even if it isn't. he just goes out of his way to squash AMD/ATI which isn't a problem except for the fact that he does it with seemingly malicious intent. Thing is we've come to different conclusions about him, because we don't know the real reason as to why he's doing it, which is what started this thread in the first place.

and the difference between apok posting pro AMD/ATI stuff is he does it at the expense of other AMD/ATI products, not at the expense of showing how much better AMD is than intel which maroon1 does.

maroon1 always recommends Intel. So what? he has every right to do that. Apokalipse does the exact same thing with AMD and no one says anything about it. (no offense Apok)

if that's what you think this thread is about your only seeing about 1/1337 of the discussion here

Maroon goes out of his way in any thread on these boards and just bashes amd like they are some kind of red headed step child, without ay reason

NEVER EVER that i can recal has their been a time were one company was the best for every aspect of the game, but Maroon will never admit that intel and nvidia get beat by AMD/ATI in some cases an vice versa

If you read he post, he trys to make it sound like intel and nvidia are the greatest thing in the world for everything in the world

im waiting to see his thread say "Intel and nVidia work to cure cancer while AMD falls short on curing the flu"

/exaggeration

Thing is we've come to different conclusions about him, because we don't know the real reason as to why he's doing it, which is what started this thread in the first place.

That's true and I think maroon should share why he dislikes AMD so all wont be left guessing his motives.

I understand why Apokalipse dislikes Intel, and while I may not agree knowing his reasons makes his position intelligible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom