Inquiry regarding apathy toward specific companies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members can only complain in public if admins/mods start a thread specifically for it.
This thread, for example.

Otherwise they are to be through private means, thats why when you start your own it is locked, closed and done with.

In this specific case, more people are bothered and involved then just a few moderators, and our request is not, in anyway, unreasonable. That is why, we, can and have started a thread for it.

Members can only complain in public if admins/mods start a thread specifically for it.
This thread, for example.

Otherwise they are to be through private means, thats why when you start your own it is locked, closed and done with.

In this specific case, more people are bothered and involved then just a few moderators, and our request is not, in anyway, unreasonable. That is why, we, can and have started a thread for it.

Yeah just more words to mean we can have a power trip and you can't

I am not the one that started this thread, Apock and trotter did.

It was important enough to the point where the dicussion came out from behind closed doors and entered the public forum, where members can voice their concerns and opinions as well.

Shame on you, mods and admin, for letting this thread go on like this. You enforce rules but don't follow them yourselves. You start a thread to complain about a member, but that very member could never start his/her own thread to complain about any other members. Hypocrites - all of you.

Shame on you, mods and admin, for letting this thread go on like this. You enforce rules but don't follow them yourselves. You start a thread to complain about a member, but that very member could never start his/her own thread to complain about any other members. Hypocrites - all of you.

Thats what i say! :p:p:p

Not at all, this is, as I said before an extremely reasonable request, and I, as I am sure many others are completely flabbergasted as to why maroon refuses to back up his reasoning.

When admin feel the need we can start such threads and as long as there is no flamming, (And there hasn't been, good job) it allows members to ask questions and give their opinions on matters that they wouldn't normally be able to do, especially if they chose to start their own thread.

Thats hardly a power trip, and the question is more than fair, your are able to voice your opinion and we aren't stopping you because the admins started the thread, not a normal member.

you don't see the hypocrisy here?

Sure, but being more objective and less of a fanboy is more desirable, it will improve member relationship and make forum operations smoother.

However, it has gotten out of hand, so much to the put that anytime there is a post made it is almost and instant flame war.

Fanboyism is a cancer, it is for lack of a better word "bad" for a forum, it instills flames, causes the forum to be driven apart. Clearly we are trying to get to the bottom of why some people are such gross fanboys..

It is true that maroon does not have to answer, however, in his silence he will be losing credibility.

Maroon makes some very very good suggestions on these forums, however, others times his suggestion or writting is/are total wrong for the situation or is off base.

We just want to know why, its not hard, I and many other members have already stated why we make the reccomendations that we do or hold the opinions that we do.

Sure, but being more objective and less of a fanboy is more desirable, it will improve member relationship and make forum operations smoother.

However, it has gotten out of hand, so much to the put that anytime there is a post made it is almost and instant flame war.

Fanboyism is a cancer, it is for lack of a better word "bad" for a forum, it instills flames, causes the forum to be driven apart. Clearly we are trying to get to the bottom of why some people are such gross fanboys..

It is true that maroon does not have to answer, however, in his silence he will be losing credibility.

Maroon makes some very very good suggestions on these forums, however, others times his suggestion or writting is/are total wrong for the situation or is off base.

We just want to know why, its not hard, I and many other members have already stated why we make the reccomendations that we do or hold the opinions that we do.
all valid concerns. and all of which can be addressed privately. plus, he is under no obligation to explain himself. besides, you think you're going to "cure" fanboyism on a tech site? you're even more disillusioned with a false sense of power than I realized.... you can't trim and prune and shape the people of a dynamic forum like this.

and you admit you realize the hypocrisy of this thread yet you're doing it anyways! how do you expect to earn any sort of respect from the members here with that kind of action?

looky here! the tables have been turned and now the red hot pokers of inquisition have been turned towards the mod squad. this thread will surely be locked soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom