Inhumane Seal Hunting?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It kind of came to me, I was thinking what if human being from the begin only ate vegetables, plants and we never even touch any meat. Would we evolved to the way we are now?

no we wouldn't have evolved as we are now. protein in meat amongst other things was probably a very important factor in our development.

I believe if a certain specie is becoming over populated and threatening the existence of other species, then humans should have the ability to control it's population.

lol, so we should cull Homo Sapiens

The Japs conclusion of their scientific research "WHALES TASTE GOOD"
HAHAHAHAHA

Simon said:
obviously you dont hunt to extinction, i go shooting sometime and love it.

Fine. Let's level the playing field. We'll put you in a large cage, let's say 120x120 feet. Well give you a rifle, but it's going to be placed at the opposite side of the cage. Next to that rifle will be a full grown Male Lion. "Very hungry" "Very Angry" - then we'll release the Lion.

If you can get to the rifle and kill lion you've won.
If you can't get to the rifle, you're lunch.

Any questions?

no questions, ill give it a try.

I just saw the seal hunting thing on the news, it seems to me that people on care about saving the Cute animals.

that is true. people love to act reighteous. i guarantee there aren't many people who would try to stop the extinction of something like the dugite (australian snake, not actually endangered though). people LOVE double standards. e.g. it is ok for Iraq to be invaded and attacked but it's not alright for them to have WMD's (which it would seem they don't). i think i have just opened a political can of worms here......

Simon said:
no questions, ill give it a try.

lion.jpg

Poor Simon... You Lose.

The seals are hunted for their pelts (in other words, their skin), and sometimes the meat. They're not clubbed anymore, they're shot. Though clubbing was just as effective...

And yeah, if the seals weren't hunted, cod fish would NOT exist in this area of Canada. Seals here are considered nothing but a nuisance. That and the fact some, NOT ALL, people think of them as 45 bucks worth of seal pelt waddling around. I'm totally for the hunting of seals.

It just ticks me off when stupid celebrities like Paul McCartney are broadcasted on TV, saying that we're all heartless murderers who like to beat on baby seals for a laugh, when they don't even know the real situation of it. It's just giving the province in general a bad reputation, and it's actually affecting our tourist industry, which is a LARGE part of our province in the summer.

that sounds grossly ignorant and insensitive

seals wouldn't need to be hunted to allow for a cod fish population if previous hunting of local wildlife and local development hadn't gotten out of control.

think about it this way....if we killed a bunch of seal hunters, that'd allow for the seals to survive, much like killing seals allows for the cod fish to survive.

just because people think of them as 45 bucks worth of pelt doesn't mean you should kill them. just because people act inhumane doesn't mean it's okay.

seals are animals, humans are animals, dogs and cats are animals.

my neighbors are a nuisance, but I don't kill them and sell their skins.

What's grossly ignorant and insensitive is the way the media is portraying the hunting of seals to the public. Hunting seals has been happening for hundreds of years.

It's very surprising to me how these people are saying that seal hunting is brutal. That's true. But cows and chickeds are slaughtered just as well, but in many, many, many more numbers. No celebrities are protesting against that.

Baby seals are small, cute, and fluffy, but the hunting of those are illegal. They just kill the big ugly ones. Maybe Mr. McCartney doesn't know that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom