An Inconvenient Truth

Status
Not open for further replies.
i do.

but thats all fake. read state of fear by michael crichton. mount kilamunjaro has been melting for 4000 yrs lol. and 90% of all glaciers have been GROWING. the book is all facts with proof of sources on every page with a bit of a fictional story mixed in to make it a little more interesting.

new york city has risen by 8C since 1920. but chicago has gotten 2C colder.

in other words no one has ever had any idea of how our world works

think of our atmosphere as a football field. the first almost 78% is made up of nitrogen. now u guys already know that its carbon dioxide supposedly making our world warmer. k so the next 19% of the field is oxygen. then there is about 1.5% xenon and 1.2% other gases. the last .3%, which would be about 1 1/2 inches of the field is made up of carbon dioxide. that has risen in the last 140 years from that to 1 3/4 inches. in other words CO2 pretty much makes up nothing of our air and has not done anything since.

and almost all of that was during the industrial era when everything was run by machinery and fire.

Who wants to read a book when you can watch a 90 minute movie.

And I'm more inclined to agree with the leading scientists around the world than Michael Crichton. Global Warming is a well-known threat.

no global warming is a media threat. if u read my whole post I stated that he uses professional scientists books on every page to prove his points.

one volcanic eruption produces more pollution than all of mankind has made that is a scientific fact.

there is a prevalent theory out there called the see saw theory where the earth gets hot then cold then hot and so on. the last ice age was like 10,000 years ago and right now we are going to the hot part, the next ice age will be in 100,000 years.

Haha, I didn't know facts were based off of books.

That movie looks pretty interesting, I hope it brings some people to thinking about what's really happening and opens up some more profit for researching cleaner techniques to fuel the world.

zmatt said:
one volcanic eruption produces more pollution than all of mankind has made that is a scientific fact.

there is a prevalent theory out there called the see saw theory where the earth gets hot then cold then hot and so on. the last ice age was like 10,000 years ago and right now we are going to the hot part, the next ice age will be in 100,000 years.

yes exactly. he talks about that too. and the scary thing is that our world has been getting colder the past few yrs and its time for a new iceage since the last was 10000yrs ago

they think now its 10,000 not 100,000. that why our world has started to decline in temp now.

More to it than global warming, and btw, most scientists consider global warming a fact at this point, CO2 has risen to about 300parts per million, its undeniable. First and foremost threat facing us as humans is resource depletion, peak oil is here, thats an undeniable fact too. We've spent the last 100 years consuming like there's no end in sight, overshot population sustainability of the planet by a factor of 3-4, and nobody seems to notice or care. Collectively we humans are no smarter than yeast. Global warming true or not, is child's play compared to what resource depletion will do to us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom