Import Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.
high hopes for a first car, don't ya think? my first four or five cars all cost under 300 bucks and were poo, i hated being young and having a crappy part time job. i'm up to car nine now and i'm saving up for a used 97-99 Lexus ES300, and even at 25, i'm looking for a used one under 9 grand. how do you get such good cars as first cars, i never drove such good cars until i was 24 and bought my first Accord.

MatW said:
Cars! one of my favorite topics :) I would love to have a Mazda Miata because of it's low weight and compact body. PLus I have a soft spot for roadsters! Oh yead here's my car http://www.cardomain.com/id/jamongkad

one of my mates has a miata (though here in britain its called an MX-5)... he just got a turbo for it which gives it an extra 100bhp... its crazy!!!

nice lancer!!!!

ohGrFreak... you have had & still have some nice cars! I enjoyed flicking through those pages and looking at them!

MatW's lancer is sweeeeeet! i wish US lancer's looked like that, ours are tiny little things with no balls (except the lancer evo of course), that's one of the reasons i ended up with the galant.

thank you hygor, i take great pride in my cars and i appreciate your looking at them. thinking of that page, it makes me sad that i gave up my subaru, it was the greatest winter car to have, all it needed was a turbo.

Thanks! did'nt do much work on it cuz it already looked great stock. I'm saving up for a Miata (MX-5) hehe or I might want to get my hands on a SUBARU WRX STI GC8. That car is sweet as well. Aren't the new US lancers equipped with the 2.4liter Mivec engine? I don't think they look that bad plus they got a Mivec engine! Stock Lancers here can't go toe to toe with an stock Honda Si even if their life depended on it.

Talking of cars...my husband and I went to the North American International Auto Show that just closed here in the Detroit area. Took some neat phots, far too many to share here but I do have them in a place I can share: http://photos.yahoo.com/southernlady5464

Here is a list of the vehicles we took pictures of cause they aren't labeled, except for the last two:
1: Saleen
2: Saleen
3: GM Autonomy Concept Car
4: Cadillac Race Car
5: Rolls Royce Phantom
6: Rolls Royce Phantom
7: Bentley GT
8: Michael Schumakers Ferrari Formula 1 car
9: Maserati Coupe
10: Jeep on wall
11: Jeep Hurricane
12: Ford GT
13: Ford Fairlane Concept Car
14: Ford SYN Concept Car
15: Ford Harley Davidson Truck 1
16: Tony Kannans Indy Champ Car
17: Mercedes Benz I would love to have
18: BMW Hydrogen Concept Car
19: BMW Williams Formula 1 Car
20: Mini on wall
21: Dodge Viper
22: Smart auto on wall
23: Lamborghini
24: Ford Harley Davidson Truck 2
25: Something called a Gem
26: Gem 2
27: Jimmie Johnson's Nextel Cup Race Car
28: This needs no explanation
29: Three collector cars from the Henry Ford Museum
30: Two Aston Martins
31: Jeep Gladiator
32: Jeep Hurricane

MatW said:
Thanks! did'nt do much work on it cuz it already looked great stock. I'm saving up for a Miata (MX-5) hehe or I might want to get my hands on a SUBARU WRX STI GC8. That car is sweet as well. Aren't the new US lancers equipped with the 2.4liter Mivec engine? I don't think they look that bad plus they got a Mivec engine! Stock Lancers here can't go toe to toe with an stock Honda Si even if their life depended on it.

Honda Civic SI is a nice car, lot of get up and go for a Civic. I don't know if the new Lancers here are the 2.4L engine, but if they are, I'd buy one just to whip all the Civic SI cars running around. I thought all the Lancers are around 2 liters if not smaller, a 2.4 Lancer would beat most if not all stock compact imports here, my Galant is heavier than the smaller Civics and Lancers, but it has a 2.4 liter engine and can put to waste most of the smaller 4cyl cars.

I almsost got mowed down by a Civic Type-R with red neon under it last night... the illegal street racer pissed me off, but his car sure looked awesome... I showed him up though by taking him in my 1.3 ford fiesta... hahaha... I really want an R34 (as I have said before), but I think I will hopefully get a Mazda 3 Sport saloon in gun metal grey this year (if i get a better job) and that will keep me entertained and happy!

I dunno. I'm partial to European cars.

Now the Maserati MC12...that's a nice car.

But more realistically, the Maserati GranSport.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom