Imageshack is being hacked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waphlez

Fully Optimized
A lot of people, including me, are having their imageshack pictures being replaced by this:

hacked.jpg

I'm kind of P'd off because I lost some pics I didn't have hard copies of. You guys might want to check your Imageshack accounts, I had to remove the image in my sig because it was being replaced this. Seems like a group calling themselves the "Anti-Sec Movement" are behind this. I guess you have to give them credit for trying to put their word out.

Yeah i had a few images replaced. But i always store everything on my PC for easy recovery.

I forgot I had an account there. Looks like three of mine are gone. Since I don't have a clue as to what they were I guess I haven't lost anything.

Well i checked a few places i had used ImaegShack for iamges and sure enough, one of my topic here about how to take ownership for files in Vista was affected. No biggie. Already switched it over. ;)

I only use imageshack for pictures I don't care a lot about, generally when I'm hosting stuff places where I don't want my photobucket account getting bandwidth raped.

I was noticing this though. Funny.

Well, I didn't lose anything important. Stuff like my sig and other important images I want to hold on to are still on my hard drive. However I did lose some stuff I wanted to keep, mostly screenshots and other similar stuff I won't be able to replace.

ImageShack Hacked by ‘Anti-Sec' Group

ImageShack Hacked by ‘Anti-Sec' Group

If you use ImageShack or frequent a forum that does, you may have noticed that all of the hosted images were replaced with a manifesto from a group that calls themselves "Anti-Sec." I checked and saw that my images are working so it must have been a temporary thing. Anyone else see this? Thanks to [H]ardForums reader "Vashypooh" for the link.

ImageShack , one of the web's largest image hosts, was attacked tonight by a movement called "Anti-Sec". The result of the attack has been to replace all ImageShack hosted images with a manifesto for the movement. The message adds that "no images were harmed in the making of this…image", implying that ImageShack images are not lost.

I am on the antisec's webpress blog. (use google, i am not putting a link here from tech forums)

just skimming through it and all i can comment on is that these are a group of tin foil hat nut jobs.
I pray that these guys never do a Die Hard 4 "Fire Sale". At least Thomas Gabriel was in a position to undo every thing that he did. Not sure about these antisec guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom