Image Compression

Status
Not open for further replies.
That isnt new. It is located in both the Windows area under the Read First topic and also located as a sticky in the Audio and Multimedia section. ;)

Guess I just never seen it there...i downloaded what trotter linked me, installed it, and it will not open, i get a run time error...odd, i'll try downloading it again.

^lol, over a year now.

Nota with trots link, i have re downloaded it several times...does not work.

I'm gonna give dvd shrink a try. I had tried it about a week ago but the download kept on stopping mid way...

you could try autogk

AutoGK Homepage - THE tool for XviD / DivX conversion

Welcome to the official AutoGK homepage!

This site is a homepage for THE tool for DivX / XviD backup utility. With support of DVDs, MPEG2 (such as DVB captures and transport streams), MPEG1 sources along with AVI/DV sources encoding into your favourite MPEG4 format was never as easy as now!

Program features support of:
- DVD/VOBs(unencrypted from hdd), MPEG2, MPEG1, transport streams (including multi-program ones) and AVI/DV input sources
- XviD or DivX(5/6) output formats
- AC3, DTS, PCM, MPA input audio tracks
- AC3, DTS, MPA, CBR/VBR MP3 output audio tracks
- two audio tracks in AVI
- external (vobsub) or internal (burnt-in) subtitles (with support of forced subs)
- HDTV input/output resolutions(upto 1920x***) and frame rates (50/60fps)
- automatic crop and resize based on compressibility of the source to achieve best results
- automatic detection of input source: PAL, NTSC, FILM, HYBRID
- automatic deinterlacer and IVTC
- automatic split into CD-sized chunks for main video and external subs

Have you tried handbrake? I've used it to convert some stuff for my iPod, it can convert to .avi and many other formats. You can choose the size of the picture if you want to compress it more and it's open source. It's the best free video converter I have found.

EDIT: If you want smaller ISO images you could use DVD Shrink, that works well too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom