Image Compression

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luke

Golden Master
I couldn't find a section of the forum for this, so if there is a better section feel free to move it mods.

I'm ripping my stargate collection to my computer and it is taking up quite a chunk of space. What would be the best way of compressing the Images?

Are you doing the videos? If so .avi files but they will still be like 700MB or more each episode. If they are just images JPEG is a compressed image format.

Can't you just resize all the pictures to a more sensible resolution ?

I just tried windows own "compress this folder to save space" i got my 90mb pictures folder down to 80mb on disk. I guess you will save more space with a much larger pictures folder, worth a try i guess ?

edit:

adding to what make said, if they are video's download virtual dub and compress them. I use it to compress 1gb+ fraps video to just 10 or 20mb with no apparent massive quality loss.

Downloads - virtualdub.org

Ahh okay. You made them ISO files. There really isnt a way to really compress them much. Since they are direct images of the disk.

The ISO's are probably the full capacity of the DVD. If you are ripping them, use a program that will allow you to rip as AVI. A DVD rip AVI is usually around 700MB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom