IM ALIVE! if only I knew....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, last sunday me and my pops went out to the local motocross track and screwed around for the morning, but had to leave early because of, shall we say, complications?

The morning went like this, we got to the park, rode around on the hillside track to warm up for 30min, went back to the truck to get water and cool down for about 10min, back out to the national track for about 30min, more water and cool down again, then back out, and then i dissapeared.

I remember NOTHING about what happened, all i remember is seeing stars and tasting blood, and opening my eyes to see some big dude on a honda 450 i think, asking if i needed an ambulance, so i said no (dont have the money for it) and brought myself to my feet, pulled my bike up, and sat down. i looked at my left leg which felt like it was on fire (now is covered in blood), got my bike started and (having no idea where i was, who i was, what day it was, etc) put the bike in 2nd gear and putted around the track looking for a way out. I dont know how i made it back to the truck in one peice, i know i was drifting in and out of conciousness on the trip back, but im just glad that I made it back in one peice. no one saw what happened, and i was missing for about 30min, enough time for my leg wound to scab up.

my leg has a big freaking slice of meat missing right on the shin, where i thought it was only skin, but apparently theres alot more under there than i thought. its about 1/4" deep at its deepest point, roughly 2" long, and 1" wide, shaped like a " ) ". I (thankfully) didn't break any bones, and i think i owe that to the fact that i was knocked out so i went limp when i hit the ground. I got one heck of a concussion, couldnt spell my own name for over an hour, felt like I was speaking in toungs, etc...i was done

Came home, cleaned the wound, bandaged it up, then moved on to inspect the bike. I bend the rightside gastank mount, snapped my brake lever, bent my bars, bent my right peg (im guessing the bike slid backwards in its right side), and a blown rear shock. so taking my leg injury, the blown shock, and my concussion into consideration, i think i can guess on what happened (that is until i can remember, if i can remember)

I probably came up short on a landing to a jump, blew the main seal on my rear shock, causing the rear of the bike to shoot up instead of slowly coming back up, knocking my left foot off the peg, causing my shin to catch on my peg, ripping some skin of and totaling my riding pants, headed straight for a berm off balance, ramped it at full throttle, flew off to the other side, bike landed on the front tire, i fly off, bike goes flying, i slam the back of my head (with enough force to knock me out, take all the paint of the back of my helmet, screw up my kneck, and make me bite my tounge) then go sliding on my back for a little bit, scarring up my right elbow and shoulder. wasnt that bad of a crash, if i say so myself, would have kept on riding, the bike wasnt in that bad of shape, it still ran, but my left leg is thrashed! i'd post a pic, but I dont want to get myself banned, its pretty graphic.

ill upload the pics to photobucket in a sec, getting them off camera now. ill send a link to the album with all of the pics from it. it has pics from when i first seen it, and every time i clean it, and i will update it daily if you ever want to check the progress on its healing.

if anyone else wants to see it, just tell me and ill pm you a link to the album

30 of 30 uploaded

send a pm if you want the pics

umm really, really bad news

me and my dad are really tight with money right now, to the point where we need to start thinking about turning things off....and now we have an issues. As i was changing the bandages a little bit ago, i was looking at it, and there is no skin missing....its all pulled back and scrunched up. i need stitches, BAD. but we just simply dont have the funds for it... the wound is opened up about an inch, and is shaped like a " n " if your looking at it, about 2" around the ouside edge, and anywhere from 1/2" to 1" is how big the gap is between the two peices of skin. I have no idea how to go about setting it up to heal it, if anyone could please, send me into the right direction, a little advice, a medical forum, anything, it would be much appreciated. the skin is split apart and i dont think it is going to have a very fun time trying to heal the way it is under a peice of gauze bandage thats held to my leg with tape.

put it like this. this is how skin is sposed to look:

______

this is how mine looks

__ __
\ /
\/

but its all bunched up on the left (top) and covered with guaze tape

This is why I'm so thankful for free Healthcare in Canada. Just the best possible thing to have. A gash that size shouldn't be done by you it's a must to be done by a doctor. You don't have any kind of insurance at all?

As for the pictures you can post links to them here and just make sure to let everyone know that they are very graphic.

This is why I'm so thankful for free Healthcare in Canada.

*Cough* lets not forget the 15-20% tax on like everything in canada either...nothing is free, just remember that :p*cough*

dang dude...sounds like a horrible bike ride, personally..iw ould go around asking hospitals ...surely one will let you pay over time in small payments. No offense or anything man...but if you can't afford things like that, then how do you afford to keep a bunch of bikes running?

MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL NOW!

Mate this is FAR to serious to do it your self go see a Doctor NOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom