Illegal Immigrant: Racial Slur?

Status
Not open for further replies.

digital_darknes

In Runtime
I saw a thing on the news where some guys from a latino rights group was saying that the term Illegal Immigrant is as bad as the N word. I dont think it is because your calling them what they are.

If they are illegal then they shouldnÂ’t be able to complain. I think of the USA as a business. We only care what the customers have to say. The people that will never contribute to anything can go lick a ****.

how is it a racial slur? i mean if ur an immigrant and they call u an immigrant ..is that racial ? NO ... so if ur illegal , n then call u that why is it racial slur?

guess123 said:
how is it a racial slur? i mean if ur an immigrant and they call u an immigrant ..is that racial ? NO ... so if ur illegal , n then call u that why is it racial slur?

Right on it's not who you are,but what you can or will do,to help.
So will the folks set some standards of being an American Or a Canadian

That's indeed one of the stupidest things I have ever heard. That's like calling an orange, well, "orange."

Did they offer a politically correct term? Is illegal alien better? Maybe time-released visitor?

It's human nature to not like to be called any names, but it seems people really don't like to be called something when they are in the wrong.

For example, if someone steals something, they are a thief. If someone has downloaded warez or illegal software, are they a thief? I guess by definition, they are. But most of us would get mad if someone called us that if we have stolen something.

Dave :D

If so then I am a HUGE theif. 5,000+mp3's and just about any software you will ever need lol. In a way I feel like a kingpin :)

I dont want to get in an argument but, I really hate illegal immigrants, its not that they steal jobs(they only take really low paying crap) its they did not earn their way into America, African-Americans earned their right to be here by being slaves for 200 years, almost all of the european and asian immigrants came here legally and worked their asses of for years to make a better life, and yes some latino immigrants came here legally for a better life. I am not a racist, but whenever I see latinos walking down the street talking spanish, I want to stab them in the chest. I know several latinos who came here legally and they learned english. I feel that the Illegal immigrants come here and treat this like their own country and dont bother to assimilate into our culture, I have mainly german heritage, but that doesnt mean I still speak german, my family learned the language and became americans. I hate illegal immigrants and that was not a slur

you make some good points, but....

I am not a racist, but whenever I see latinos walking down the street talking spanish, I want to stab them in the chest.

that doesn't mean they don't know english. maybe you need anger management?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom