is this illegal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Norcent

Banned
I bought Paycheck which is a movie but its going to come to my house in August. I am going on vacation next week and want to watch it. If I download it online is that illegal? I am going to put it on my ipod so i can watch it at the beech. I won't do that if its illegal. If I get caught downloading that will the person understand that i bought it and want to watch it at the beech but it won't be at my house by that time?

nope thats illegal
why didnt you just go to walmart and buy it for like 10 bucks???
that movies like 2 years old so you shouldn't have a problem finding it cheap

Walmart sucks i hate there store and I go there looking for movies sometimes but they don't carry every movie out there.

I got a $10.00 gift card for amazon so i ordered it there. If I had a credit card I would've got the 1-2 day shipping right away.

I hope that it comes to my house before i go on vacation.

nope totally illegal, the peron would understand that you don't own the movie yet and he'll give you a nice 250,000 fine and possible prison time. unless you download it from usenet or something in which case you cant get caught

the chances of you getting caught are pretty slim nonetheless
ive been downloading alot of things from alot of places and have never even gotten the little letter from charter telling me to stop

Pretty sure you own the movie, and so its entirely legal...

You've paid for it, you own it...its just in transit.

Of course, you wouldn't get caught if you did download it so its academic discussion...

it is illegal to make backup copies of your movies in the Us, its even illegal to have your own home theatre without registering with the mpaa. when are you going on acation? i'm sure i can dl the movie for you and post it up on megaupload or some other file hoster

its not illegal to backup your movies if you have the original disk
and i have never heard of someone paying the MPAA for a home theater thats just retarded and anyone who pays them is retarded

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom