The iGeneration

Which is true for you?

• I am age 19/or under and I have not known the world with out the Internet

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I am age 19/or under and I have known the world with out the Internet

• Press this option for a free iPod... not!!!

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've always had internets as far back as I can remember. Honestly, I don't know what the world WOULD be like without internet...no pr0n, no free music, no TF...sigh. must've sucked for u old geezers :)

I can remember life without internet, but, I got dial up when I was very little... like, maybe 7-8 maybe, I think...I dunno.

Most of my life I've had a PC and internet though.

I've always had internets as far back as I can remember. Honestly, I don't know what the world WOULD be like without internet...no pr0n, no free music, no tech forums...sigh. must've sucked for u old geezers :)

Not sure about that. There are some days where i do feel that life was so much simplier with out computers.

Not sure about that. There are some days where i do feel that life was so much simplier with out computers.

My wife and i got started on a huge conversation due to this thread lol
Life before Cell phones.. man that was nice, you couldn't be reached imagine that.
Life before Microwaves.
When cable TV first came to town.
Before computers.. i honestly remember being young and going fishing and camping and making model airplanes, climbing tree's not for occasional fun but everyday there was nothing else to do..lol making forts.. riding dirt bikes. and if you needed to know something you took your butt to the library and searched for it.
My Coleco football was awesome..
down down down down down down runrunrunrunrun TOUCHDOWN!!
if you held down long enough they all moved to the top hehehe

Thanks Trotter. I remember life before internet and cellphones. It was a much simpler time... Haha, anyway, I do remember what it was like before internet and cell phones, at times I miss it, but at others I don't. I don't spend near as much time outside anymore I can tell you that though. Wish I did..

i'm almost 20, i probably first used the internet at about 5 or 6. i first used a computer at some time between 3-5. so i do remember my own computer world being without internet for a little while at least. i consider myself at least having enough memory to be one of the technologically spoiled kids of today who rage when they can't get something instantly because they've always had relatively fast computers and internet.

Fixed your vote.

My first computer didn't even have floppies. A floppy drive cost over $300 in the early '80s. I had cartridges that had ROM games on them, and a tape deck that used regular cassette tapes. The most awesome game I had was Zaxxon. I remember trying to play it on a little 10" black and white TV using that funky, non-centering joystick that went with the computer.

Ah, I miss that old Tandy CoCo II. 16k of memory, 64k if you had the floppy drive (external, of course). And you could buy a 512k RAMDISK for it (a cartridge of RAM) for $150.

I don't remember how much the giant 18" long external floppy drives cost back then, I just know I somehow ended up with 3 of them.

The cartridges and cassettes were the best, I remember having this awesome Commodore version of donkey kong on cassette, and my favorite C64 game was Peanut Butter Panic.

1165-1.jpg

God I miss my C64/Vic20. :[

I don't remember how much the giant 18" long external floppy drives cost back then, I just know I somehow ended up with 3 of them.

The cartridges and cassettes were the best, I remember having this awesome Commodore version of donkey kong on cassette, and my favorite C64 game was Peanut Butter Panic.

1165-1.jpg

God I miss my C64/Vic20. :[

I am going to have to say good bye to UT3 as this game here looks like it's gonna rock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom