If a zombie invasion ever occurred...

Status
Not open for further replies.

funkywaggnelz

In Runtime
What household items would you put together or use as make shift weapons? Be creative! Don't say "I would go get my shotgun and swords" cuz those aren't make shift.

Personally, I am excited and waiting anxiously for ish to hit the fan when it comes to zombies!

(Yes, I am bored.)

I dont really have anything to improvise with. I do infact actually have a few swords that i keep pretty sharp in the event i have to lop off zombie melons.

Well, unlike most people, i HAVE read the zombie survival guide, so i think i'll be fairly well equipped to handle just such a situation.

(funny that i was just discussing this with a buddy of mine a few days ago)

The perfect weapons as stated in the guide are as follows:

M1 Garand with a bayonet. (very powerful and robust rifle, using the back as a blunt instrument you can destroy a zombies brains, adding the bayonet will allow you to pierce the brain)

Handgun. Something basic like a 9mm should be fine. Should be light and portable and have an ample amount of ammo in each cartridge.

Crow bar. This is the perfect hand to hand weapon for use on zombies. It can be used as a blunt instrument in order to crush the brain, or you can use it to pierce.

These three items are recommended to be carried at all times.

If you cant get any of these items, something such as a Machete would also be ideal. Also, blades dont need reloading.

Just remember, you want something bashy, shooty, cutty, or stabby. Since the M1 Garand encompasses most of these qualities it's the ideal weapon.

I dont own any of these weapons as such at the moment, but i think i will eventually be purchasing some JUST IN CASE. You never know when H3ll's gonna get full.

If you need any other tips on surviving the invasion feel free to ask me, however i really recommend picking up the Zombie Survival Guide by Max Brooks.

Zombie Survival Guide

The problem with any of those weapons is that you have to get into close combat with a zombie. This is HIGHLY discouraged. One slip up and you could end up as lunch.

Yeah but it is so much more fun to kill them in close combat. Besides, its not like they are fast. Their zombies. I think, initially, i would use a lighter and some form of aerosole. I would also take a length of chain and attach a chainsaw to the end of it for whirling purposes. Hack saw blades burrowed into the wood of a baseball bat.

@ bobojuice I have read that book myself highly informative. ;)

Ok roling pin.
Axe handle.
Baseball bat.
Weightlifting bar.

But unlike most I do have some firearms.

M3 Tactical with either "BB" or deer slugs.
7.62mm Remington 700 with a 3-9x50mm Bushmaster scope.
Trench Knife.
an a few other little treats I have lying around.

funkywaggnelz said:
Yeah but it is so much more fun to kill them in close combat. Besides, its not like they are fast. Their zombies. I think, initially, i would use a lighter and some form of aerosole. I would also take a length of chain and attach a chainsaw to the end of it for whirling purposes. Hack saw blades burrowed into the wood of a baseball bat.

Close combat with a zombie doesnt sound like my idea of fun. Zombies are unpredictable and with just one mistake, you could end up infected or dead. Your main goal is survival.

A lighter and aerosol wont actually do much to prevent a zombie from turning you into it's next meal. Remember, the only way to stop them is by destroying the brain. I think a zombie would be able to survive being on fire for quite a while.

As far as the chainsaw thing, i hope you have 40 inch arms or something because that's gonna weigh a TON. And it's gonna tire you out, making you a prime target for the living dead.

Chris Chadwick said:
k roling pin.
Axe handle.
Baseball bat.
Weightlifting bar.

I'd prefer the baseball bat over all of the other ones you posted. i'd think the rolling pin would have a grip that's too small and would be sort of cumbersome to hold onto for long periods of zombie bashing. the weightlifting bar i think would be too heavy, if youre talking about a standard 45lb bench bar. axe handle might be okay, but again the grip might be awkward.

Bobo, in any situation you would get tired. Killing zombies isnt just a matter of survival. It is also an endurance test. Besides, tiring or not, it would still be fun ;)

All im saying is that would you want to intentionally use a weapon that would tire you quicker than another one? Doesnt make sense to me.

and yeah, it probably would be fun. unless you're taking out your friends or loved ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom