If a zombie invasion ever occurred...

Status
Not open for further replies.
i know! We can try to educate them or something if their interested, or fetch them a tennis ball like a dog!

FETCH ZOMBIES, FETCH!!!!!!11

Have you seen fido? Its a movie about the zombie apocalypse where they domesticated them to be pets.

dude i cant believe i didnt mention this before! I have like a whole complete zombie costume top to bottom i coud wear. I could disquise myself n go ahead of other zombies n warned survives of any hordes of zombies or something.

what a great idea, but i hope the survivors dont kill me lol.

This never really came up but try these "what- if's" on for size
zombies are fast and jump and SMART - theres no reason for us to assume that the older style zombies could be it- whate if a strain of infection did arise and it just eliminated all but our most primal feelings- but we knew what doors and guns did still? Zombies with guns. You all just "hope for the best" when it comes to this.. that shouldnt be good enough for you expecially when considering THIS subject
Zombies can swim- same with the smart/fast theory.

What if the virus/whatever is not just liquid transfered- what if its AIRBORNE.

Now that I've scared the **** out of some of you, made some of you extremely ****ed and the like- let me tell you what I'd do.

First off avoid Malls. - why- Millions of kids/players/teens and the like see movies and games where everyone goes to the mall to fend them off- where do you think they are going first.. the mall.. how many do you think will be infected? Definately not 0.

Your best bet of survival is NOT IN YOUR OWN HOME. Expecially if you live in the city. Even though you know it- if zombies came (even stupid ones) in every movie they are incredibly strong- so your barricades WILL GIVE WAY eventually. get out of the house asap- if your in a direct infected zone ideally barricade to slow them down- but run.

Airborne infection prevention- breathe through your nose- and- make a homemade gask mask- althought not 100% effective expecially in these matters- much better then breathing straight air- they use wet cloth, coffee filters and the like to filter debris and about 20% of airborne "disease" not a whole lot- but hey better then nothing. Oh and change the filter every hour- or when it becomes dry- DO NOT REUSE THEM as bacteria will grow and allow infection to spread quickly to you.

weapons. Anything to keep them out of- THERE ARMS - reach. Doesn't matter how long your arms are or how big- you want to keep them from touching you. Although highly cumbersome and heavy- taking a Door with you to use as a shield (or lengthwise a barriar) can help fend them off- notice this isnt a permanent thing- do not keep it at all costs- and dont try to fend them off with it youll wear yourself out quickly and then you might as well pull the pin on your grenade and swallow.
Doors can be used for many things as well- hole in ground- cover with door- now you have a hiding hole that isnt well distingueshed from the other debris (assuming nuclear war/ or normal war/explosions occur and theres debris)
I wont even get on the nuclear survival on this just zombie.

Do not assume anything about zombies- perhaps everything we know will be wrong when/if they start to crave our flesh. Do no try to befriend zombies- remember they must eat to survive just like us- and zombies eat humans. Keep zombies away from you- or as far as possible- at all times. You never know when one might just hock a bloody loogie right into your face.

For those wanting to survive- find like minds around you and find a meeting point- believe it or not stores like Walmart, Kmart, and others with goods and food are great places to START or make a "home base". Use the furniture department to barricade the doors (as well as the fencing supplies and other things from other shops around) IMMEDIATELY. after a Light barricade is made- everyone lines up- and strips. Everyone - and i mean everyone- will be searched for any bites cuts or scrapes- EVEN IF THEY didnt occur the owner has 2 choices- die now or leave the shop. Keep only those you KNOW arent infected (This does not apply to airborne transmission of course)

Now barricade more- and more- until you cant or you run out of stuff. Raid the shop- use the old shelves as barricades- take things youll need- bedding lights glowsticks (camping stuff) INSECT REPELLANT (mosqueto could possibly carry the virus from a zombie to you- so keep them buggers away!) and put it in the middle of the -now very cleared- store. foods should be refrigerated if needed (those will be eaten first as they spoil sooner) and canned goods to be saved- water from the water fountain (or other places) to be boiled before used - always.

and i think ill stop there... lol.. I get a little carried away.. yes.. I think about this alot..

as for the makeshift stuff.. uh.. besides that... I have a couple of helmets id have- one to wear one for anyone i find with me- those should help protect our heads from anything- weaponry would be anything to easily carry until we can reach main base, preferred longer ranged things- even if just to keep them back and not actually kill them. Baseball bats, lawnmower blades secured to 2by4s etc

also would wear as many layers of clothing as possible... for protection and survival purposes- harder to scratch through- and can pad from falls and can be used for warmth or fires or whatevers.

also would turn my house into a Zombie Motel to trap them in for at least a little while- even smart ones would have trouble knowing what happened.

I would also like to suggest wearing tight fitting clothing. Remember, in any case with contact with a zombie you want as little extra clothing hanging off you that a zombie can grab onto.

Kisskervan - great/fun topic and nice point with the diffent type of zombies! What if... they were the type from 28 days/weeks later? fast, strong, ravenous!! and not just the slow type from Shawn of the Dead?? Completely different approach to defense when it comes to those 2 types.

I'm a big fan of Zombie movies, thanks for the great topic and laughs!!

Techincally, the "zombies" from 28 Days Later were not zombies at all. They were infected with the "rage". Still human, just rageified.

Kisskervan - great/fun topic and nice point with the diffent type of zombies! What if... they were the type from 28 days/weeks later? fast, strong, ravenous!! and not just the slow type from Shawn of the Dead?? Completely different approach to defense when it comes to those 2 types.

I'm a big fan of Zombie movies, thanks for the great topic and laughs!!

speaking of Shawn of the Dead, i loved that movie n found it funny that the survivors acted like zombies to get to Winchester bar lol.

hey that idea could work but yet again, u dont know how smart the zombies r to realize ur faking it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom