If you don't live in america or not american what does your accent sound like ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

-RockMan-

Banned
Most of my life I have heard many people's different accents from other country's.
TV doesn't count that well as people of all forms speak it differently.
I had bought a blackberry 8700 of ebay.com, the seller who is canadian, he said give him call and explain what the problem was with a transaction.
I called him on my cell phone he picks up and the guy's accent sounded very deep and mascular almost like a 45 year old russian.
Seeing as how I never spoken to a canadian on the phone I was expecting a semi american like voice and young.
I have talked to other people around the world via through msn messenger and partly chat, got cursed at in their language cursed them right back over the computer (petty bull ****) arguments.

To the members that are not fully american or are from another country does your and voice sound young, old, deep or almost like a regular american accent ?

Seeing as how I am black guy, alot of people who have came through gerogia or florida they always ask me you are not from augusta are you ? you sound like you came from florida or right up north.
Some black people in augusta speak black ghetto which nobody can't understand or causes fights, rascism taunts and alot of other stuff I can't mention here.

Live in Trinidad...hmm not sure how to describe the accent lol. According to Russell Peters, it's "wavy" :p. It's the 2nd set he imitated on the clip below if you want to get an idea.

Well listening to it gives you an idea but it isn't exact though. It's quite funny, especially listening to him :D.

^^ Yeah, people from the Caribbean are by far the hardest to understand when it comes to English speaking people. You catch a few words of proper English every once in a while and then the rest is this weird slang..."mudascunt" haha. Some people that are Caribbean speak perfect English like they live in the states though, at least that's what my experience was in St. Croix.

^^ Yeah, people from the Caribbean are by far the hardest to understand when it comes to English speaking people. You catch a few words of proper English every once in a while and then the rest is this weird slang..."mudascunt" haha. Some people that are Caribbean speak perfect English like they live in the states though, at least that's what my experience was in St. Croix.

LOL! Yeah it's kind of hard to understand if you first here us speak I guess, but after a while you get accustom :p. I can type proper English though, so it helps haha.

I'm a native American, but my accent must be pretty bad as many can't readily understand me on the phone (mainly people from up north or foreigners). I was born and bred in the South, and have lived all my life here. My accent is SE Tennessee with some deep-south Georgia mixed through the influence of various relatives. :D

Some here have talked with me, either by phone or Ventrilo, and know what I mean.

Slightly posh sterotypical "British", use of glottal-stops (which is where you don't pronounce t's - makes pronouncing that glo'l-stop). I enunciate most stuff as it's spelt - where most of my friends pronounce 'tuition' as 'tchoo-ish-un', I pronounce it 'too-ish-un.'

Surprisingly my accent sounds like I am from California. Strange.
Were you taught English by an American?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom