If you do not have health insurance, prepare to be fined!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't ask these questions, because I might have to give my opinions on the matter which would get this thread closed :). And I'm both surprised and proud that its being as civil and organized as it is.

Giving your opinion is fine, if you can do it in a manner that is not insulting to the person posting or doesnt violate any other rules. It is as simple as that.

There is nothing wrong with asking these questions.

But to put it simply, we are our own person. We live our life our way and not a single person on this forum can tell us a single thing about what we need to do or dont need to do when it comes to a topic like this. We are not them, we have not lived their life, we have not walked in their shoes, we do not do what they do.

So no matter what the opinions maybe, it dont mean squat. Cause simply put we can not possibly know for a fact if a person does or does not need insurance. End of story.

While someone may bring up great points on why insurance could be needed for any given situation, that doesnt mean that it will apply to that person if they are not in that specific situation with the specific parameters to have to need it. there are always the "What If's?" in life. Nothing is ever known for sure.

A "tax credit" would do nothing to help someone pay for mandated coverage. The "credit" would be on their taxes and they would still have to pay the full cost up front. The COBRA coverage I currently have will go up to about $500 a month (just for me) in a few months and I know anything the government cobbles together, via a committee of people completely out of touch with fiscal reality, it will cost way more than that. I know I won't be able to pay it with what I get right now... much less covering my wife, too.

What's been happening the past years is nothing short of dangerous to the republic. I see a disturbing trend, and not just recently, with the skimming of every american's natural rights and civil liberties guaranteed to us by the constitution.

People need to start remembering that the government does not give us our rights, and it therefor has no authority to take them away. Government's role is to secure our rights, nothing more and nothing less. If you don't like that, then change the constitution first before blatantly ignoring it.

^^^ True. If the founding fathers were to see the monstrosity of today's government they would immediately lead a rebellion. Things have changed drastically from what they drafted up back then.

I still didn't quite hear them say how they were gonna pay for that health plan.. Had quite a hefty price tag too..

I don't have health health insurance and I darn straight can't afford it right now. and the VA isn't helping ONE bit.. I gave em an ear-full earlier... Took them two months to get my darn prescription NUMBER to me!!! Let alone another month and a half to get the darn asthma pills to me which I found out they can't mail Rx out of state.. but they mailed em to NM from TX... :freak:

Fact of the matter is, if we had a business in America that constantly failed at everything it did for decades ... it would niether be trusted or still in business. Essentially, we have a government doing just that with our money, and Americans still seem to be hopeful and disillusional to the fact that the Government can not fix our problems; or they just don't care.

It makes no sense to me.

This has got to be the most laughable fine I've ever heard of. This including the 1,500 dollar speeding ticket Virginia, or whoever that is, hands out.

Yup, that's Virginia. It was for drivers under 18 using a cell phone while driving, even talking on a bluetooth. They shot it down pretty quickly though. It was effective for maybe a week or so, if I recall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom