if the world stopped spinning...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think, world stop spining. One side always day... One side always night. In the middle always sunset/sunrise :p

Think, world stop spining. One side always day... One side always night. In the middle always sunset/sunrise
no one said it would stop rotating around the sun :). Like the dude above said, it'd be one really long day and one really long night, except I believe it'd be 6 months for a day and 6 months for a night not a year per.....if a year went by you'd be right back where you were.

And little martins in green plaid jumpsuits with "EMOS RULE" tattooed on their foreheads would take over the world.

oh i'm sorry, I thought this was the "Never Ending Story" thread...

heffer said:
if the planet earth stopped spinning all of a sudden, wouldn't we all go like "Ahhhhh!" and get flung into the air :eek:

i think that could be fun..
If Earth Stop Spinning, the Earth will be sucked into the gravitational pull of the sun. Mind you, all life on earth will be dead long before the sun swallows the earth*.

The spinning of the Earth is what helps the Earth in it's current location. It's like a top where it sways from one side to another giving us out season of the year. How ever one of these days (most likely Billions of years from now) will stop spinning.

If you want to see an example of this, go drop a coin into one of those coin funnel that you see at the shopping center for donations.
smallyellowfunnel1.jpg

The at the coin spins slower, it gets closer to the funnel. The same thing will happen to the Earth.

* A sudden 5% increase or descrease of distance from the sun will wipe out life on Earth

I know this as I was studying climate changes due to the Earth Axis in Year 11-12 Agriculture.

i must say good topic.. when u get bored you ahve somethign to acualyl think about.. Dont' think about what might happen as in a topic but think about it acually happening and what you perosnally would probably have to face.. like as in extreme heat and how it would feel if your skin was acually on fire! I think its a rather good topic and we probably would get sucked into the sun.. but atelast we would beable to see the fun closer and we could acually visit the part of the universe that has never been explored:) jsut not in a shuttle but on earth:)..it would really suck if it did stop spinning tho but i odn't think that is goign to happen for a long time. Its the same as "what is the sun burns out" would be rather weird conditions liveing on earth i would htink that is..

well...

either we would fly away from the sun and freeze, or be sucked in and burn.

no exploring really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom