If Operating Systems Ran The Airlines.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, not this again.

You are wrong to say that Linux is not compatible with many programs including games.

You would be correct had you stated that many programs and games are not compatible with Linux.

Yes, I got it, but it's still a lame knock on Linux.

So, let's review:

Wrong:

"Linux is not compatible with games."

Right:

"Games are not compatible with Linux."

You can run practically anything you want in linux if you try hard enough.

I used to play Oblivion and Counterstrike Source on my computer when I had Ubuntu installed.

This whole thread is lame... It's supposed to be a joke, sheesh. Don't take me to court for knocking you beloved Linux. My XP runs smooth as silk, so I could care less about Linux.

The term is "I couldn't care less" not "I could care less"

"Could" implies that you care somewhat, yet the meaning of the comment is to convey just how much you don't care.

Now, based on your comment above, why would you knock Linux in the first place?

1. You don't know anything about it.
2. You just said you don't care.
3. It was a lame crack on it to begin with.

Now, I'm going to add more to my post about games/programs:

Solution:

Game developers should write their games so that they work in Wine, or natively in Linux. Games like Doom 3 for Windows run GREAT in Wine, why can't the developers do this for Battlefield 2? Or Half-Life 2?

Prey? Works FANTASTIC in Wine.

Oh, that's right. Because OpenGL is cross-platform, DirectX isn't.

So, once again, let's review:

The problem is not with Linux, it's with the game developers.

The General said:
The term is "I couldn't care less" not "I could care less"

"Could" implies that you care somewhat, yet the meaning of the comment is to convey just how much you don't care.

The term is "I could care less", which is "hey, you're lucky I care a little bit... because I could care even less."

But wow... this isn't grammar school.

Fact: XP runs my games flawlessly
Linux won't run them without me doing backflips

How can you say it is the game's fault, when XP does it just fine?

EDIT: oh wait... MS made DX...hmmm...Overwhelming majority of OS's = MS... game comps probably like $$$.... hmmm

Look, linux is great... I didn't mean to crush you as a person when I joked around with how it has compatability issues. I don't care whose fault it is... it doesn't reliably work with certain programs.

So CHILL OUT man. It was a VALID joke. Don't cry about it dude, grow some.

I think he was just pointing out the fact that it is easy to run some windows software on linux.

And no, you just install a program called WINE, and then you install the game just like you do in windows.

Have you actually spent any time with Linux, or are you just trying to act educated based on the knowledge you have gotten from reading other peoples posts?

Dexaroni said:
I think he was just pointing out the fact that it is easy to run some windows software on linux.

And no, you just install a program called WINE, and then you install the game just like you do in windows.

Have you actually spent any time with Linux, or are you just trying to act educated based on the knowledge you have gotten from reading other peoples posts?

"some" yes... not all.

My brother is the network manager for my old high school, and I asked him about all the other OS out there and what I should use. He said they use all Linux at the school, and it is GREAT for the school, but he told me not to bother with it, because I would have complications regarding my games and drivers etc.

Why does every treat linux like a crippled kid and get so offended by a joke.

PS - I stand by my previus post entirely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom