If I built my computer...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jayce

Fully Optimized
...Why under the start menu is there something called "Dell Solution Center" listed right below "run" and is not deletable at all? I never noticed it...

Ste said:
because you or someone else used a dell XP disc.

AHAHAHAHA I forgot... That's how I got Windows on this computer. ;)

I'm kicking myself now for not remembering that. Thanks.

Normally DELL Win XP disks don't like working on Non-Dell PCs. Or at least that is my experience with them.

I always wondered why my computer had that down there. Its not a problem at all so i just forgot about it.

I don't know how I managed it, but I just called Microsoft and told them I was a dumb college student who had reformatted his computer for the new school year and now I realized I had no cd key. They changed something with the registry or some shit and it worked.

:D

Funny thing is, that's computer number 3 that now has a running Windows XP Home Edition operating system off of the same exact Dell issued Win XP disc.

Harper said:
Normally DELL Win XP disks don't like working on Non-Dell PCs. Or at least that is my experience with them.
I have an XP disk created from a Dell CD that I have installed on 3 computers, none have had any problems.

Jayce said:
Funny thing is, that's computer number 3 that now has a running Windows XP Home Edition operating system off of the same exact Dell issued Win XP disc.
That is some thing we really do not what to publish online here.

After all, we are people that obay the EULA. (Most of the time)

I swear i remember reading something in the EULA that said that one XP copy is able to be installed on a limit of three different computers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom