IEEE Fundraising

Status
Not open for further replies.

M4A1

Daemon Poster
I'm the President for the IEEE organiation at a local university chapter and... I was curious to know if you guys had any good campus-wide fundraising ideas?

So far, we came up with one good idea...

Since a lot of people like ultimate frisbee in college, we were thinking about conducting a campus wide ultimate frisbee competition...

7-12 people per team
$1 per person
winner takes 50% of profits

We're thinking about implementing that next fall... but do you guys have any other fundraising ideas that maybe you've participated/seen successful?

Thanks.

I was involved with something similar except not directly linked with the IEEE. However we did get lots of money from our local branch of the IEEE and IEE but also you can get lots of money from local businesses simple by saying that they get to come in and give a presentation on whatever it is that they do and in doing so gettting access to all the good future gradutes and getting their feet in the door as it where before other companies did.

Whats even better is they will happily pay for beer and BBQ's.

Do not do crispy kreme donuts. They only do mass orders and return is bugger all.

My scout group does Fundraising via selling chocolates.

aliasaid said:
make it $2 per person and 25% profit

The thing with that is most college students are kind of poor, especially after they can shell out $20-$30/night going to the bar/downtown, so... We thought keeping it at $1 would be not only cheap, but also fun.

I would like to do that, but it doesn't seem feasible - might dissuade them coming :(

jono199 said:
you can get lots of money from local businesses simple by saying that they get to come in and give a presentation on whatever it is that they do and in doing so gettting access to all the good future gradutes and getting their feet in the door as it where before other companies did.

Whats even better is they will happily pay for beer and BBQ's.

That seems like a good idea, although we live in a medium sized town with only a few engineering firms (Lockheed, BAE, Link) and they usually come to our campus to recruit/give presentations, for FREE! :(

Plus, we organize field trips there, so that might not work here. I doubt the other engineering firms are interested, although I can check up on that.

Harper said:
Do not do crispy kreme donuts. They only do mass orders and return is bugger all.

My scout group does Fundraising via selling chocolates.

We're not scouts... That's an ineffective way for us to fundraise because we aren't cute little kids :(

Dude, BAe gave us money.

This is how you sell it to them;

We are giving you the chance to get your hands on the best new graduates and were going to make them like you because your going to gvie them beer and food at educational events. Were going to run event X, you guys get to give a presentation first, then we move onto the main event.

Tada.

We got them (and other companies) to pay for loads of stuff with those tactics.

Of course with BAe Systems you can always just say that their grad schemes are awful and their image is poor so frankly unless they bribe you your not going anywhere near them.

:)

jono199 said:
Dude, BAe gave us money.

This is how you sell it to them;

We are giving you the chance to get your hands on the best new graduates and were going to make them like you because your going to gvie them beer and food at educational events. Were going to run event X, you guys get to give a presentation first, then we move onto the main event.

Tada.

We got them (and other companies) to pay for loads of stuff with those tactics.

Of course with BAe Systems you can always just say that their grad schemes are awful and their image is poor so frankly unless they bribe you your not going anywhere near them.

:)

The thing is that often, our Student Services of the Engineering School schedules presentations/information meetings/etc with these major engineering companies anyway, so inviting them to speak where they have to pay us or provide us with whatever is overkill.

Anymore ideas? I'm sure there has to be other ways to fundraise... :p

I'm sure there are some creative people out there! Where are you guys??

Well if that won't work, do you have any pretty ladies willing to give up some 'time' for your cause?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom