I understand windows XP, but whats longhorn?

Status
Not open for further replies.
actually i heard from my teacher that it has something to do with the University of Texas and some project where students could buy Microsoft's software for discounted prices in exchange for something... don't remember.. anyway.. now the codename is Longhorn... go figure.

Longhorn is just the nxt version of Windows that will be coming out in 2006 i cant wait i had to wait 5 years for the nxt version

Longhorn is just the codename microsoft have given to its next version of windows... it is unlikely to be called longhorn when it comes out comercially!
It follows a tradition whereby works in progress are given a codename... Windows XP was originally called "Whistler" and Windows ME was known as "Georgia"

For a full list of codenames used by microsoft for its windows platforms see:- http://bink.nu/Default.aspx?tabindex=4&tabid=8

Longhorn is a new version of Windows that is supposed to use a new type of file storage system.It also improves on device communication in a computer and is also said to be more network-ready than WindowsXP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom