I thought monopolies were illegal in the US...

Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as intenet connectins go, I set up and spent many hours on my parents network, including using the so called tech support line, after many calls someone was sent out, turns out the near cable box was in need of replacment, it was repaired to the best of his ability, conection is great now.

you can get satellite internet but it's slow and cost a lot of $, still an option if you really hate that company. Also america is full and was uilt on monopolies, just look at mocroshaft

I don't care what anyone says but DO NOT GET SATELLITE :D. I use it currently parents had it installed a few years ago. If you want to complain about ping then mine is around 1-2k always. If it gets lower then 1k ping its around 700 but thats on a really really good day with no clouds. Also its like $60 a month which is alot of money. You can only Download 200mbs a day (yes viewing websites is included with that) and if you go over 200mbs then it seems like your internet turns into 28.8k dial up or slower (not joking). Stay with what you have. You think you have it bad but i would settle with having higher ping on cable internet rather dealing this one one.

Satellite is definitely not an option, since I plan to game on my connection. 150 ping to Dallas is better than 2000 ping to anywhere. :p I may have good ping on the moon though...

Er, I live in PA and DSL is definitely not outlawed... considering thats what I use...

Oops, must've been that DSL wouldn't be available to all of PA until 2011, and since Oxford is just about as rural as it gets, we'll be close to the end of that list.

Verizon said that no 3rd party could use their telephone box because it was illegal, I may have to check up on that. (And no, they don't offer DSL in this area.)

Also, broadband-over-powerlines is starting to crop up around this area, hopefully PECO will pick up on it and offer it. From what I've heard the latency was average.

And I'm getting by with GameRail. Voxrox's ping dropped from 80 to 50 (Speaking of which, I'm ordering one of their servers on Friday. \o/), and game server companies in Dallas dropped from 150 to 70-80. Amazing improvement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom