I think its time I finally admited and faced facts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spud1200

Fully Optimized
I'm a Gambaling addict. The Aggression is getting worse. And its everyday. Something seems to just have Snaped in the Last Two Weeks in my Mind. Anyone else got this or been their?

I guess it's good that you brought this up yourself, instead of AFTER your married and you and your wife no longer have money for bills. (If it's that bad)

I saw this in one guy. After months of not being able to do anything, his wife finally called the command and said something. We were able to get him the help he needed, but it took them almost loosing their house to do it.

We have more than one Spud here, I think it's a different one getting married....

IMO, we can't really be of much help, I would suggest getting some professional help, and try to keep from spending any money unless you really need to.

A tech forum is probably not the best place to try and get help on this mate, best to talk to other people who know what you're going through first hand.
Gambling addiction - Live Well - NHS Choices
Gamblers Anonymous

If it's anything like other addictions, I'd say try and find something you really like to do to take your mind off it when you're really feeling it. For me that's swimming out a couple kms, takes my mind of everything except for wasthatashark...wasthatashark...wasthatashark..wastha....OMGASHAAAAAARRRK

A tech forum is probably not the best place to try and get help on this mate, best to talk to other people who know what you're going through first hand.
Gambling addiction - Live Well - NHS Choices
Gamblers Anonymous

If it's anything like other addictions, I'd say try and find something you really like to do to take your mind off it when you're really feeling it. For me that's swimming out a couple kms, takes my mind of everything except for wasthatashark...wasthatashark...wasthatashark..wastha....OMGASHAAAAAARRRK

Forgive me if I am wrong here, but arent women more sensitive about money issues when involved in any kind of relationship ?
If your woman, finds out her shared bank accounts or savings money is gone from her shelves....?
You may want to pick up and go the end of the earth for about a month.
Ever since spud has gone into the lottery ticket business I knew he may have had a problem.
I kept my mouth shut because I didn't want to start up any unnnecessary drama.

You may need to speak with a personal financial advisor and let the woman handle the money for now until you get some good help.

Forgive me if I am wrong here, but arent women more sensitive about money issues when involved in any kind of relationship ?
If your woman, finds out her shared bank accounts or savings money is gone from her shelves....?
You may want to pick up and go the end of the earth for about a month.
Ever since spud has gone into the lottery ticket business I knew he may have had a problem.
I kept my mouth shut because I didn't want to start up any unnnecessary drama.

You may need to speak with a personal financial advisor and let the woman handle the money for now until you get some good help.

Say what?! Gender has no impact on how well you can manage money, or how sensitive you are to money issues. Lol and also why is my post quoted to mention that?

Say what?! Gender has no impact on how well you can manage money, or how sensitive you are to money issues. Lol and also why is my post quoted to mention that?

Never said it was a directly for one gender nor sensitivity amongst one gender only.

Let me ask you something and be quite honest with me here.
Lets say your wife has a gambling issue you don't know about yet.
She drains down the money almost to nothing inside the bank, you need to pay off a utility bill or whatever just to keep certain things on or your saving to move the family somewhere...
Your bank promptly calls you with over draft fees and other nonsense you may not need at the time.

Would you be scared out of your mind to see the money gone and she doesn't say anything about it and your just now discovering a problem halfway into the marriage that could wreck up everything ?

Seriously, if either spouse could do that and put their family in deep jeopardy, I wouldn't be laughing about it at all.

I am not coming down on spud, I just want him to see upfront and first hand what might happen if he doesn't leave 321 lottery jackpot alone.

Also if one spouse cannot handle the money of the household let the other do it reasonably until the partner gets it problems straightened out.

Its very sad to see how money problems can destroy couples, family or like me, mother and grown child relationships in a quick instant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom