I Switched to Firefox

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never went back to IE. Only use it when I reformat to go to firefox.com to get firefox.
That's why you download all your important stuff first and put them on removable media. THEN you reformat. ;)

If Opera ever gets all the extensions I need to make it work just like my Firefox, I will use it.

Firefox here as well. Used IE for a long time until about two years ago. I switched then because of the tabs, that IE didn't have at the time. Now if I have to use IE for half an hour I go mental. Can't stand it anymore.

There is a fun game you can play with firefox.

1. Start Firefox.
2. Visit 2-3 pages.
3. Watch your free RAM and CPU disappear!!!

;)

Opera for the win.

The gecko engine is such a resource hog.

I can run opera on my p2 250mhz w/128mb of ram no problem whatsoever. It takes firefox ~30 minutes to boot on that machine.

Opera is like the lightweight browser with the features of the big boys.

I switched a couple of years ago after I was sick of getting viruses and haven't looked back. I actually tried Opera first but I didn't like it (can't even remember why). I remember having to use IE 6.0 at work for ever, I was going nuts without the tabbed browsing. I don't even know how I surfed the net without it!

That's an interesting point about FF sucking up your memory. It's current using 110mb of ram right now and I've got maybe 6 tabs open. It's been running for a couple of hours. It gets up around 250mb if I leave it running all day. What's up with it always sucking my ram?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom