I swear ads just got a whole load cleverer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oreo

-Deactivated-
This time last year every website i visited was full of adverts i couldn't care less about. But literally within the last month a total change has occured, I go on ebuyer to look at PSU's and the next thing i know i'm on news 4 gamers and im swamped with Ebuyer adverts on the best PSU deals. I then come on here and preach for Apple and then i'm swamped with Iphone 4 contract deal offers from Vodafone adverts.

This stuff is clever and i don't like it, google is watching me too much :cry:

Oh comeon this is beyond a joke. Maybe its just coincidence, but i make a bet with hefemeister on the UK v USA world cup and now i see an advert for World Cup Betting for less than £25..
Does google somehow monitor everything you type ?

Sounds like you might have a bug on your rig to me. Give Osiris's guide a spin just for fun and make sure.

Also, there is an Advertising Cookie Opt-out extension for Firefox that preserves your advertising preferences for Google. Very handy little bugger.

You know what they say, you can find anything if you're looking for it :)
Once your actively start looking for something or for connections you'll find them.

Sounds like you might have a bug on your rig to me. Give Osiris's guide a spin just for fun and make sure.

Also, there is an Advertising Cookie Opt-out extension for Firefox that preserves your advertising preferences for Google. Very handy little bugger.

This was my thought, too.

I'll check it out, but ESET Smart Security 4 has found nothing and that thing does a full scan at 3am every morning. And i only visit the same websites everyday (TF, engadget, gizmodo, n4g, bbc, google, ign, gamespot, apple, youtube), and i rarely deviate from them. Seems unlikely that i would have a virus

You know what they say, you can find anything if you're looking for it :)
Once your actively start looking for something or for connections you'll find them.

Lol, this thing is very obvious though.

edit:

Ohhh ! That reminds me. How stupid of me, i cant use firefox anymore. All my google results are bugged, click a link and it goes to some random junk website. I can't get rid of this thing, tried 2 or 3 antivirus's. Googled it (On Safari) and found people with the same problem and deleted the files they all recommended to delete, still no hope. But then i totally forgot about it when i switched to Chrome/Safari/Opera (I use 3 browsers, i'm weird like that)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom