I still don't believe it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
why is the psu on the outside?(refering to the pic)

if the cooking oil doesn't conduct, then why not seal the whole thing in...

EDIT:

so... if I were to fill a bucket with cooking oil, remove all the fans from my case, then drop it in... would it work and run a lot cooler?

lol, I'll get an old computer working and try this..., then post some pictures...

how would I clean the stuff off when I'm done?

You'd have to seal off the CPU too.

It should just whipe off...It would be a pain to clean...

Juice Daddy said:
but if it doesn't conduct... you shouldn't have to seal anything off...

The only thing that cannot be submerged is hard drives and CD-ROM.

it would be a pain to upgrade that computer because you would have to take your computer outside and let all the cooking oil out. Also it would be slipery inside the case so your hand might slip and break something in the computer.

Juice Daddy said:
but if it doesn't conduct... you shouldn't have to seal anything off...

On the motherboard in the area of the CPU base, the oil is responsible for increasing the capacitive resistance between the individual wiring. In short, the oil acts as a dielectric material. Since very high frequencies occur on the motherboard, the capacitive resistance goes down. Accordingly, this then influences (or tampers with) the digital signals, particularly in the area of the CPU base. After all, 939 pins are located there in a very tight space.

Read page 7.

Pretty heavy...consider how much a full 2L bottle weighs and then assume a case is 10-20L you're looking at I'd say roughly 20 pounds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom