i, robot...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ohGrFreak

ID.10T
...is one of the very few movies that i will be watching over and over and over.

i picked up the widescreen version and played it on my viewsonic LCD, very very nice.

what are your guys' favorite movies and why? i love comedys mostly, but i really love well done sci-fi movies, i say well done, because most aren't. my "repeat watching" movies are slim and include AI (which i haven't even seen in years), Event Horizon, Big Fish, various stand up comedians and now I, robot. Oh yeah, can't leave out Star wars, but I had to sell those when we were low on cash.

Happy Holidays,
Ohgrfreak (matthew)

I will list the movies but not say why cos i aint got time.
Gladiator
AI
The Pianist
The Sixth Sence
Saving Private Ryan

I liked I, Robot but it was a tad dissappointing because the storyline and acting is a bit on the shallow side. It relied too much on CGI, it shows how hollywood movies don't care any more about using great acting along with real special effects (non-digital). Even Will Smith seemed to be doing a poor job of acting (not as bad as his Muhamad Ali movie though. Some of his jokes just seemed out of place.

I love all the Star Wars movies, but I realise since Episode 1 that Goerge Lucas is a hack. The reason his movies were good is because he knows how to hire the right people to work under him. Again this is an example of overused CGI (Jar Jar Binks).

The other ones that are good that you didn't mention are Lord of the Rings (all), Spiderman 2, Boure Identity, Eternal Sunshine, and DodgeBall....remember the 5 D's in dodge ball:

Dodge, duck, dip, dive... and dodge :)

I'm going to have to agree with Pavlyk cause Scarface is one of the best movie's of all time,one of my other fav's was johnny depp's movie Blow based on the drug running's of the 70's and 80's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom