I was reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.
The General said:
I'll stick with my freedom, and with USB mass storage compliance*, thank you.

* - Yes, this means I don't want an iPod either.[/rant] [/B]
the iPods can be used as USB storage. I store stuff on my nano all the time.

absolutely amazing thread... in more ways than one.

I, myself, am an iPod fanboy. If you know how to use it (you dont have to use iTunes), and take care of it, you'll be set for life. Mine is still in mint condition and its 2 years old. My friend has the 2nd gen (the first windows compatible version) 5gb... still works like a charm.

Re: Re: I was reading...

apokalipse said:
the iPods can be used as USB storage. I store stuff on my nano all the time.

Yeah, I know. But you can't just stick a bunch of MP3's on it and have it work. They have to be put in some sort of database.

apokalipse said:
so just use iTunes. it isn't a bad program.

Lol, I know dude. iTunes is great, I love it... Well, I love the Mac version. The Windows version has all sorts of problems, in my experience.

I know I will get attacked here, but I can not stand itunes. I actually gave my ipod mini away because I refused to have itunes installed on my PC :) although there is alternatives now..but anywho..like for example the other day I hopped on my co-techy's mac mini and selected a bunch of songs to "play" of my network share and wtf???it copied them all to the local machine and filled up his hard drive and he was ****ed...lol..I didnt know it was going to do that.

With WMP I select all the songs from the share and it just plays them it doesnt copy them over..why is Apple such an evil mean company?

Win2kpatcher said:
selected a bunch of songs to "play" of my network share and wtf???it copied them all to the local machine and filled up his hard drive and he was ****ed...lol..
If you dragged and dropped music files from a network folder, then DUH. It copied them because you dragged them into the iTunes music library.

Maybe you don't like iTunes because you don't know how to use it? :confused:

Personally, I love iTunes. It organizes and plays my music perfectly. No muss, no fuss. It just works. No other media player that I've ever used can even come close to iTunes. The same goes for the iPod. There's just no other player that works as well as iPod. There are a few that come close, but the quality and versatility just isn't there.

apokalipse said:
I've never had problems with it.

When iTunes 7.0 for Windows was first released, a majority of people experienced alot of sound issues. Apple released a fix and so far so good...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom