I need a reliable audio video webhost

Status
Not open for further replies.

onauc

Baseband Member
Hi,

This message is for webhosts only.
If non-webhosts are reading this then recommend me the best.

Anyway, do you have the right webhosting packages for me ?
I need your help to pick the right packages.
I want to run a review website where it will host audio and video clips of products, services and websites.
The audio and video clips will either be streaming or downloadable files.
So, how much band-width do I need ?
The audio and video clips will be each :

* minimum 1 minute and
* maximum 5 minutes

So, how much band-width would one audio file eat and how much band-width would one video file eat based on each
streaming file being 1 minute in length ?

And, how much band-width would one audio file eat and how much band-width would one video file eat based on each
streaming file being 5 minutes in length ?

Also, how much band-width would one audio file eat and how much band-width would one video file eat based on each downloadable file being 1 minute in length ?

And, how much band-width would one audio file eat and how much band-width would one video file eat based on each downloadable file being 5 minutes in length ?

Knowing the answers to these will help me estimate how much band-width I will need for my website when I know the traffic of my website after my first month.
I do not know how much visitors I would get as my website has not been launched yet.

I need :

* Cpanel
* FTP uploads (so I can upload my cgi-files and cmod them since chmoding is impossible via browser file uploads)
* Cgi-bin (I want to run Perl Cgi-scripts)
* Php MyAdmin (I want to run Php scripts)
* unlimited or enough MySql (I will be running many web scripts that will use MySql)
* unlimited SSI
* Custom error pages

I should be able to :

Apart from the monthly hosting fee I should not be charged any hidden, open, fixed, variable, circumstantial, one-off, on-going costs to

* get 24/7 unlimited support
* log-in to my account unlimited times
* use the Cpanel unlimited times
* upload, edit, delete the html, Cgi, Php, audio, video etc. files via the browser unlimited times
* upload html, Cgi, Php, audio, video etc. files via ftp unlimited times
* use my Cgi-bin and Php MyAdmin unlimited times
* execute unlimited number of Cgi and Php scripts unlimited times
* use the MySQLs unlimited times
* use the SSIs unlimited times
* update Custom error pages unlimited times
* etc. (I think you get the picture)

I want no surprise on my monthly bill.
Whatever you charge me the first month thatever you should charge me all the rest of the months without rising the charges unless I upgrade.

Also, I only wish to pay monthly. Is that ok with you ?
I would like to try you out and so am not willing to risk paying up-front for a lengthy time (quarterly, half year, yearly) with-out knowing how reliable your service is. Sorry, cannot take your word for it or anyone else's for that matter with-out checking myself how reliable your service is.

So, which packages do you recommend ?
Choose the suitable, lowest priced, packages for me.
Choose 2 packages for me. One for my "review website" where I will host audio and video files and another package where I will not host any audi or video files as this website will host all the other stuffs (text data, images, animations, flash animations, Perl Cgi scripts and Php scripts, etc).

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom