I need a guitar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going over your list of music...........man I can't believe you listen to AFI......I mean I knew you were a BAKA and all, but you just reached a whole new level :p

What about something like this?

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Schecter-S1-Mahogany-Guitar?sku=518145

It's kind of similar to the squier.

Also worth mentioning, although I don't know if it's particularly to your style is:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Schecter-C1-Artist-Limited-Edition-Electric-Guitar?sku=518187

out of the brands I listed beforehand I think schecter is probably one of the only ones that'll have something even close to what you'll like that's also within your pricerange.

Dont know though, it is YOUR guitar......well it will be anyway :D

oh yeah, I do keep forgetting that he plans on modding it. I guess I just really have a grudge against the ones he chose :p

Going over your list of music...........man I can't believe you listen to AFI......I mean I knew you were a BAKA and all, but you just reached a whole new level
psh AFI are amazing, I still have absolutely no idea how they can write some of the stuff they do as it just flows so nicely although not so much their newer stuff...they are definitely among my top bands and although they haven't influenced my bass work as much no doubt I'll take them into more consideration when I'm jamming on the guitar as their guitar is much better, same with alexisonfire

yeah I wanted to check out some schecter guitars but the stores I went to unfortunetely didn't have any at the time although the dude did say they were getting a few in a couple of weeks although I have no idea what types they are getting

one thing I should mention though is that I need a guitar that sounds good when it isn't plugged in as well as a guitar that has good pickups as most of my writing is done unplugged and I generally only plug in when I'm jamming with the band or when I need some distortion/effects

no elec. guitar is going to sound great un-plugged. you'll still be able to hear the notes just fine, but there won't be alot of tone..... unless you go for a hollow or semi-hollow body. ibanez makes some excellent, affordable hollow-bodies. also, there are some hollow-body telecasters.

Yeah man. Unless you get an accoustic-electric, or hollow bodied electric or something, there is no such thing as an electric that sounds good unplugged. You just can't hear anything, I mean you can, but nothing to actually jam to or write to.

psh AFI are amazing, I still have absolutely no idea how they can write some of the stuff they do as it just flows so nicely
no.......they are horrible whiney little punks.

Next you're gonna tell me you listen to good charlotte as well!

Guys. Do not buy from Musicians Friend. I don't know who the **** reccomended them but seriously. You know that through Fenders quality control, they send the LOWER QUALITY Stratocasters to Musicans Friend? Just because Musicians "Friend" can save a few bucks from a lower quality guitar, and sell it for the price of a higher quality one?

That's why I always stick with Guitar Centres. Sure, the guitars get played by other people, but atleast you can TOUCH what you're getting before buying it... And if they don't have a guitar there that you want, they can just order one in (just be sure they're a retailer for that brand. Pretty much every guitar center on the face of the earth is a retailer for Squire and Fender).

And then there's always buying second hand guitars. Which is also great in my opinion, but only for guitars 10 years old and up.

Well........I was just using musiciansfriend as a reference to the guitars.....not because I was suggesting he buy from them.

I always get mine from guitar center as well, and I usually ask if they have one stuffed in the back that hasn't been toucehd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom