I miss the 80's, any one else miss them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
And there lies he problem..

"glam" rock was such a phenomina that it over powered the other good stuff.. Van Halen, though started in the late 70s, exploded with crazy outfits and hair.

I think it'd be better to say 80s music style fully sucked, music only half sucked.

I guess you could say at least the 80's didn't give birth to this crap:

large_nhl_g_cyrus_200.jpg

And to think, that man's daughter is "inspiring" young girls now.

Just a few bands who released a few good albums in the 80's =)

1. Metallica
  2. Iron Maiden
  3. Slayer
  4. Queensryche
  5. Motorhead
  6. Morbid Angel
  7. Rush
  8. Helloween
  9. Sodom
  10. Testament
  11. King Diamond
  12. Exodus
  13. Kreator
  14. Judas Priest
  15. Sepultura
  16. Savatage
  17. W.A.S.P.
  18. Black Sabbath
  19. Dio
  20. Mercyful Fate
  21. Ozzy Osbourne
  22. Overkill
  23. AC/DC
  24. Obituary
  25. Candlemass
  26. Megadeth
  27. Guns N' Roses
  28. Bathory
  29. Faith No More
  30. Annihilator
  31. Possessed

Mike Patton (Faith No More) needed singing lessions. Every time I hear some of FNM earlier stuff, I now see why my parents hate listening to that guys voice.

Faith No More's Early Stuff

Faith No More's Later Stuff

Where I have seem a lot of band suck as they went on, Faith No More actually got better (or at least in my opinion)

The 80's were awesome. High school, first computer, dating, muscle cars (from the 70's), getting married, birth of my daughter, making good money.

The 80's were the age of big hair and MTV, but the music that came out of the 80's continues to affect the music of today. Pop came of age in the 80's, as did metal.

I wish Guns N' Roses would go back to the way they were in the 80's. Todays GN'R band (IMO Axl's ego) is crap without Slash, Duff, Izzy, and Steve. They made four great albums when they were together (not counting Chineese Democracy) and if it weren't for Axl they would probably all still be together today making good music.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom