IÂ’m in the market for a new fancy big TV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I'd have to vote for a DLP most of the time. Assuming you're not packing up and moving every few minutes, 'cause any kind of projection TV will not be as easy to move as a plasma/LCD/whatever, or if you watch TV under halogen spotlights (in which case you're probably going to want to go with a CRT or something with a picture that's hard to overwhelm), then a DLP is probably the best technology to go with. Unlike Plasmas and LCDs, with a DLP you can get a true black, sometimes even better than a CRT, without the electronic squal of a CRT, and without having to have a 600lb monster in your living room. Imho, DLPs are the best choice for general use. Plasmas are better if you're REALLY cramped for space, and CRTs are better if your living room is the size of a barn, but other than that...

As for brands, I'd recommend going for an RCA, since they're usually cheaper than the other brands, without being cheap plastic crap like, say, a Sanyo. Also, they're reasonalby inexpensive to maintainm what with bulbs needed replacing every few years and all.

Also, I'd definitely recommend getting a TV with HDMI inputs, since it's a pure digital signal and over the next few years it'll be the next big thing. Of course, you're also going to want composite, component, s-video, and an integrated tuner. The more inputs the better. Hooray inputs! :D

Hope this helps!
-CC

Some of the computers in our school have plasma monitors, and they are horrible. They are really unclear, and you can see that everything has a slight blur to it. I find that this is never the case with a nice LCD monitor.

I think if you're sitting right in front of a plasma, then yes, it will be blurry. I'm talking about when,m for example, you're gaming, most LCDs have a motion blur which can make you feel sick. DLPs, on the other hand, can be viewed at and distance with excellent visual quality, and don't have any screen door or blur effects.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom