I like the music video version of this song better. How can I record the audio to mp3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jayce

Fully Optimized
There's two versions of this song I like. The music video version, and the radio version. Quite frankly, the music video version is better in my opinion. I want to record JUST the audio so I can make an mp3 out of it to put it on a CD to put in my car.

What programs can make this happen?

Where would you get this? I googled it and found some site that literally left me to a dead link, so I couldn't download it. :<

http://www.mplayerhq.hu/homepage/design7/dload.html

read the docs, they are quite extensive, and it is a command line app for the most part

I'd point you to a GUI windows app but as of yet most of the ones Ive tried suck, and I dont mind command line at all if it works the way it should. Your mileage may vary.

basically you will want to dump the audio and null the video:
mplayer dvd://1 -vo null -dumpaudio -dumpfile audio_file_name.wav

the above will rip the audio from title 1 of the dvd into audio_file_name .wav in wave format, from there you can re-encode it into whatever you want, or even pipe directly into lame for mp3 format

windows version as compiled from that site includes libdvdcss for encrypted dvd's, lame for mp3 encding, and xvid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom