I leave for half a day

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pretty sure to work for best buy, and geek squad in particular, you have to have no soul. Kinda like a car salesman.

gsbus.jpg

The Geek Squad quietly showed up at Okitasoshi's house when he wasn't aware and turned his parents into mindless technology buying zombies... cleaning out their wallets of their hard earned cash. Little did Okitasoshi know that he would come back home to find that his PC was filled with software he could have pirated from torrents and his WiFi was now being stolen by his neighbors...

PWNED!

It's not just them. Most places hire people who have absolutely no knowledge of anything whatsoever. They are usually however AMAZING bullsh*t artists. I worked at compusa, and i do consider myself extremely knowledgeable when it comes to crap like that, and if for some reason i dont know, i wont try to make sh*t up. I would say probably 80% of the staff had no idea what they were talking about 90% of the time. I used to laugh so hard when i heard our service writers laying it thick to unsuspecting customers.

Funniest thing i remember was one of them telling a customer that if he didnt buy the right speed of memory he could fry his motherboard.

lulz.

AND... i also remember this one time

some lady came in for some reason. i dont remember. she was asking me something about her computer or whatever. i basically gave her all the information regarding whatever it was she was asking. (pretty vague eh?) anyway, the lady refused to believe what i was telling her. she told me i was a liar. she was like, no, thats not right. Im like look lady, you came to ask ME for a reason. because YOU dont know the answer. Now you're telling me im lying to you?

No matter how i explained it, she refused to believe anything i was telling her. She was like, no you're wrong, thats not true. I gave up. I was like you know what, you're right lady. I dont care, im not gonna argue with you. (i really didnt give a sh*t about pleasing customers)

This one kid goes up to her after i went back into the back and tells her EXACTLY THE SAME THING i just finished telling her. Like, word for word. she looks at him and goes "OOH, i see what you're saying".

i wanted to throw my shoe at her head.

/rant

man, what a bummer!! and not only did they sell your rents the software... YOU ARE GOING TO DELETE IT!!! LMAO!!! omg, sorry dude, but that's just terrible. and the home network.... wow... $500?? I work for a private store... we charge $25 for installation.. $30 for a 2 yr contract for symantech AV personal, and $30 for Adaware SE... do packages for $75... >>>>$$75$$<<<< yeah, your rents... they just got had

25 bucks for installing wireless network? bump that.

i actually quit doing work on the side, unless they can make it worth my while.

It's simply not worth spending time and getting agravated over fixing some idiot's computer when i know they dont want to pay me what i want.

btw, i charge 75/hr for any work i do.

some guy forced me to fix his computer this week so im charging him 150 bux even though it was just reinstalling windows.

eh, small town, in the middle of possibly to poorest areas in the country (min wage is still 5.5/hr) we only charge corporations the big bux for networking. the work is steady, and our results are rock solid, so it all works out. also, we don't do a whole lot of wireless networking, mostly we clean and repair computers *this is where the beginning of my comp knowledge started*

i just charge what i charge to filter out the cheap a-holes. i value my free time and if they dont want to pay me what i want i'd rather they just think im too expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom