I leave for half a day

Status
Not open for further replies.
No it doesnt. I dont do work on the side for this reason. People have no problem paying the morons at geeksquad 125 bucks just to show up, but will gripe about 50-75 an hour to someone who actually knows what they are doing and will actually end up cheaper and correctly done.

Well that sucks, bobojuice I have had customers like that an I normaly just say if that's how you feel go there then (comment a company who is my direct competition is in the same retail park) they try to sell people 60+ who are getting there first computer a £1000 that they don't need they only wish to type the odd letter an use the internet a £350 laptop will do that.

it's us honest people who charge honest pay that get jipped. it's why bobo feels the need to charge $75/hr... in my town there is no geek squad or anything else like that. just small time businesses. MikroWare is where I work, and it's only a few guys who know what we are doing. it's not side work for the owner, but for me I'm just the fill-in. but yes, around here, 25$ for installation, probably no more than 50$ *depending on individual setups*. it's great that you can be in a larger setting where you can charge 75$/hr, esp if you have a jacked up system taking 2 or even 3 hours to work out. here, it's overkill charge

edit: my boss told me that's what he charged... site claims a steeper price at $149... visit the site for the rest!

I did a 2 week work experience at a local tech shop, where I was swiftly asked to leave after the first week.

Not because I didn't know anything, but because I always told them to go get the free stuff, and, as one guy did while I was working there, didn't charge £85 for replacing a CMOS battery :rolleyes:

Heh i have actually had a small shop out here find my resume online and call me 3 times offering me a tech 3 position. The position pays less than what i make now and i'd have my head in a computer 8 hours a day fixing/refurbing machines. No thank you.

I did a 2 week work experience at a local tech shop, where I was swiftly asked to leave after the first week.

Not because I didn't know anything, but because I always told them to go get the free stuff, and, as one guy did while I was working there, didn't charge £85 for replacing a CMOS battery :rolleyes:

lol, i used to do that too when i worked at compusa.

in fact this one time a guy had a faulty fan in his dell, and i told him to go buy it online because we would charge him about 160 bucks for getting a fan from our supplier. plus i would have to charge him 129 to repair the machine. the fan cost about 30 bucks online. i even gave him the link to where he could buy it himself.

he actually said, he rather we do it because we're professionals. dude payed 300 bucks to change a 30 dollar fan.

I'm planning to work for one of em.. .cuz I need the money... but do i have to be heartless to work for them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom