I just smashed my car

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harper

"I FEEL SO GOOD I FEEL SO NUMB, YEAH!!!"
My day just went from bad to totally ****ed. I was leaving work this afternoon. I was pulling out of the drive way when I had this car smash into my side. The problem with this drive way is that is a rather narrow street and one could easily drive pass is and not know that it's there. That is pretty much what happened to me this afternoon. Police have decided to make me the driver at fault :rolleyes:

Thankfully I am insured. However I am going to be up for $600 for excess, and other $300 driving fine for neg driving.

I hate this drive way at work. It's bad enough that I that I need to do a turning cirlce on a 10 cent peice some times to park my car. Not to mention the fact that some one keying. And now to have this **** happen to me.

Attachments

• IMG_0058.jpg
    IMG_0058.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 336
  • IMG_0059.jpg
    IMG_0059.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 286
  • IMG_0060.jpg
    IMG_0060.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 305
Look on the bright side, mate... at least there's not a lot of damage and it looks fixable.

Still no fun, though. :(

I don't see how its your fault..

But real sorry for the car damage. Will the car need replacing? or are axles an easy fix for rides?

As long as the axle didn't jam back into the transmission it's fairly easy to pull and replace.

Looks like KC was pulling out and was nailed by another car. The other car coming down the street had the right-of-way. Coming out of a hole like that would be tough to do, though.

I see fluid running from under the front corner, so either a hose popped off, a reservoir busted, or the radiator took a shot. Hopefully just a hose. Gonna need a fender, a bumper, maybe a hood. At least the new headlights look OK.

But real sorry for the car damage. Will the car need replacing? or are axles an easy fix for rides?

I don't know how the laws are in Australia, but here in the US (well Maine anyway) they consider it the fault of the driver entering a road from a driveway, no matter if the driver already driving down the road could have avoided it. The cops usually see it that way, anyway.

That axle usually goes straight to the transmission. So all the shock of impact is absorbed by the transmission. I've seen quite a few accidents like this and the transmission usually looks fine so no repair work is done on them, but they never last long afterwards. You'd be smart to have that damage repaired and then trade it in on a new or newer car.

What I want to know is how fast was your heart racing right after impact. It had to scare the crap out of you, even if it was only for a moment :D

According to the police I should of been I am at fault as there was an parked SUV obstructing my view. The problem is that occording to one of my friends, some times in tight streets you really don't have a choice put to take a chance like that.

I think I might be taking this up with the local council as I do not remember seeing any concieled drive way signs along that road.

I guess I will find out when the smash repair gets back to me. I would be nice if it needs replacing as i would not mind getting a Holden Cruze or an other slightly newer Holden Astra. However according to the towie, he does not think that is going to happen.

Yea looks like the axel got the worse of it :(.

Pretty much. Thank goodness I got full comprehensive insurance.

Ahh man look at that axel bendage...**** man, I truly feel for you. Insurance to the rescue.

Very true. My view on driving a car is this. If you can not afford the insurance, then you can not afford to drive a car. However the problem is now that I am going to loose my no claim bonus.

Looks like KC was pulling out and was nailed by another car. The other car coming down the street had the right-of-way. Coming out of a hole like that would be tough to do, though.

That "hole" is a plan. I am going to check with the local council is that is a drive way or a ally. If it's an ally, then why can people park thier SUV right up against the entrance. When ever I am leaving that "hole" I am alway forced to put on my lights just to make sure that I don't hit any one on the side walk on the way out. Like you can walk past this drive way and not even realise that it's there.

What I want to know is how fast was your heart racing right after impact. It had to scare the crap out of you, even if it was only for a moment :D

Been in car accident before. This is the first one where I was the driver. Believe it or not, I was pretty calm.

Keyboard that sucks dude, I just hope you didn't do this -

bulk.jpg

On the guy who Tboned you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom