I just got 6MB/s Down & 788k up, I'm excited

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok so T1 is better or what? and what i s T1 is it phone, dsl, fiber optix or what? BTW i have 28k so anythign is better than it and my school has T1 as well but their proxy slows it down big time.

Well I think T1 is something completely different than phone, cable or DSL all together. And its extremely expensive (at least it used to be from what i remember). THats why businesses and schools are usually the only ones to have it.

T1 lines are constantly monitored. The company that provides it guarantees a certain uptime (ie, 99% uptime).

Also, depending on the company, they can assign you a set of IP's that you can do whatever you want with. At the company that I used to work for, they had two T1 lines, and 2 different sets of IP's (10.x.x.1 through 10.x.x.225 for example was one set, for example).

t1 no offense sucks now. DSL has reached basicly the same amount of uptime as well.

If you need the speed and reliability of a t1 for a fraction of the price, a dual WAV router with DSL and Cable is a good idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom