I hate the Verizon V3m

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have had this phone for a little over a year, and ever since I got it, it has been the worst phone I have ever owned. It has always been slow and drops more calls than any other phone I have ever had. The camera is terrible, and verizon mutilated the UI. I dealt with it for a whole year, then last week it started weeping... its pretty funny actually I might record what it does and put it on youtube.

It:
Freezes
BlueScreens/WhiteScreens/BlackScreens of death (yes it has a bsod, and a wsod)
Unexpectedly turns off
text messages make it do all of the above
Drops any and all calls
when ringtone plays it sounds like a DJ... very badly... it sounds like a record played on 1/2 speed then back to full speed and it alternates... pretty entertaining, first I heard it I almost fell over from laughing so hard
constantly disconnects from verizon
can not use mobile web (says device is unactivated)
will turn on whenever power button is pressed from off, but (the only way I can describe it) acts like it fails post... with only the keypad lighting up and nothing else, when this happens must connect to either charger or pc via usb cable to return functionality (for about 30s then it freezes and restarts)
freezes and restarts when you touch it
freezes and restarts when you move it
freezes and restarts when you look at it
freezes and restarts when you think about
freezes and restarts just to **** me off
says a dead battery is fully charged (tested with 2x batteries and 3x chargers, other phones report dead this one reports full)

however it works just fine when i put it in the freezer... XD I love it, it works when I do it, cools my ear (great in the summer) but the condensation is surely not good for it, my water dot is still white tho, so its all good.

I get to take it in to verizon tomorrow, I had this thing heavilly modded, loaded with the K1m firmware (this is a v3m mind you), and had any seem edit and softmod you can think of done to it. Even had a wifi antenna from an old laptop taped to the back and hooked up to the antenna port, the outside LCD had a logo that said "F*** Verizon" when open, I had all the internal verizon branding removed (all of this done when i first got the phone, about a week after I bought it) never bought warranty for it, so i never cared for voiding the waranty

however now I have changed my mind. even if I did buy the one year warranty, it would have done me no good, It would be expired by now anyways, however... I took it to a cellphone shop and discribed my problem to the guy and he said it sounded like the software on the phone is corrupted (would explain why it works so good when in the freezer, bad memory chip maybe???) so I have to take it to a verizon store for a "software update" (i already have the updated software but im going in and playing stupid so I can have them reflash my phone and hopefully fix it, I do not feel like going thru the whole run-around with those DA's on VZW support over the phone)

But, if it is a hardware issue, then my phone is toast... wouldn't suprise me, it has had a rough life, but I have never seen any electronic device malfunction like this... I have done some research and found out that even tho vz phones do not use sim cards, you can still switch phones without too much hassle, so I might have to get a cheap azz prepay phone and have my number trasfered to that until I have enough money to buy a decent phone... but therin lies a problem. I am broke, and my cell is my main communication device for employers to let me know if I have an interview, and I can not recieve calls to even know if I have one!

So here is my question: is there anyone who lives in the hollywood/LA area who has an extra verizon phone who is willing to donate it? I dont care if its a kyocera with a snapped off antenna, as long as it stays on and can make/recieve calls haha...

or unless someone is a complete motorola expert and can fix this thing :/, or maybe someone has some suggestions on how I can sweet talk the ppl at the verizon store into getting me a free phone (mind you I am broke, and the account is not mine, it is my fathers, so no contract extentions either)

advice/help/suggestions/anything greatly appreciated!

hammer_big.jpg

It's because it's a Verizon V3m...VZW always had this habit of pushing their own crap OS on top of whatever the phone originally had, and that caused a lot of issues in some phones, most notably the RAZRs.

Further problems came from the RAZR2 and such...one of the big speedy aspects of the RAZR2 was it's java/linux OS, quick like lightning...and VZW decided to mutilate it with their own OS...

One of the reasons I really like AT&T is because you can get any phone they have and stick your SIM card in it, even the $10 prepaid type phones. They work in a pinch. I know VZW used to make you come into the store to change the ESN or whatnot, and they normally charged. I think they changed it now so you can do it online, but still a nuisance.

So, in summation. I'm all for Trotski's idea.

I want to sooo bad, but then im completely out of a phone

Can I offer some suggestions and tips ?

Go to ebay.com and bring about... 75.00 with you.

1.Buy a ATT simcard they go for about 4.99 with free shipping if you know which sellers have them and barely have any complaints from customers.

2.Look into Motorola SLVR 6,7 and slvr 9: those phones alone are quite good: price range for good conditioned and end up in a bidding war if you don't do buy-it-now... 29.00-60.00 bucks

3.Look at Nokia's new lineup that currently rivals "SOME" black berrys. price varies but if you buy new or very good conditioned: 40.00 total that includes some shipping

4.Black berry or IPHONE previous versions, but be forwarned those things go like lightning quick on ebay.com and don't be a fool and pay more than 200.00 for it.

5.Jaw bone or blue tooth headset's stay away from korean auctions though, chances are your item will never come after 7 days or they will play mind games with you over petty ****.

ATT prepaid would you start great but you can always pick pay as you go, just make ATT has their contracts straight over the phone, they sometimes do lie just like verizon, but not enough to make you go on killing spree like verizon will tempt you to do.

dont have $$$... I am flat broke right now, anyways another reason for me to hate verizon.

So i go into the store, sign in, get called up, etc all good. gave him my phone he didnt even check warranty status and set it behind the counter and told me to come back in about 30 min. I come back and he says the update stuck to the phone but the phone still has issues.

So i walk out of the store with an even more less functional phone (shouldn't have even went) and checked the ringtones (all the same) same with pics, and the software version number didn't even change.

Well, major update. I got really fkin ****t and threw it against the wall extremely hard. the battery flew out and i lost the backplate, and put a nice dent on the lid. I grabbed the battery and put it back in, nothing. plugged it in, nothing. so i open the phone do discover that the ribbion cable that connects the keypad and lcd was disconnected... so this whole time the whole reason the phone was fkin up was a loose connection inside the phone... something moto would want $75 to fix, and i did it for free.

Phone works great now, still slow, but no erranious restarts and halfassed djing itself. It gets better signal now, go figure? also i noticed alot of dust and some sand (lol beach tears up phones) in it so i used some rubbing alcohol and a qtip and cleaned it up, then canned air and blew it off. Even sanded down the antenna contacts on the inside for better contact, and all I have to say is wow. i get full signal everywhere, before I only got 1-2 1x bars and no ev bars ever. I currently have 4 1x and 2 ev bars haha... i feel so pro XD violence does cure some things

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom