I hate texas weather!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ricanflow

Golden Master
More storms...more power out. Good thing i have a lappy and an air card. I wish i had more warning though, i was just sitting there minding my business on the desktop and *bam* power went out. Looks like ill be buying a ups, im tired of this $#%%!!!!!!:mad:

LOl, so how come you guys get frequent power-cuts...Are the storms that serious...(who am i kiddin! i bet they are!)

Well, large hail, damaging winds, and frequent lightning. Yea, id say theyre pretty serious. Theres tornados, but in my area none have hit.

Last week there was one but it didnt fully develop into a tornado, the winds were at 65mph though and did cause some damage....also lightning struck a store a few blocks away from where i live, and it destroyed a large 15ft sign (the sign was metal, the bolt struck it and knocked it to the ground).

The hail was golfball size, and did break several car windows...the weather here is no joke.

yup. Its crazy out right now. Im in the dallas area. I was just driving home, and there was so much lighting in the sky, it looked like it was noon in the sun. Thats how bright everything got.

Why do you think i moved OUT of texas. I hate it. During Katrina, somehow whenever they would do the rolling blackouts, whatever grid i was on IN TEXAS kept being taken down for 2-3 hours at a time, up for 30m, then down again, while they were fixing all the lines IN LOUISIANA.

Last night was bad here too in KS, tornado tore through Bartlesville, OK *bout half an hour away* took out electricity in Coffeyville, KS *bout 15 mins away* and flooded out some highways around here. heard about more tornadoes, but none in populated areas. damaging winds last night of up to 45mph gusts. yeah, the weather here is no joke!

Weather still bad in Texas, im coming to San antonio TX for two weeks, working 14 days stright 12 hours a day. gonna be rough.. hopeing weather isnt bad. heard it was VERY hot. hardly any trees etc

Its always like this around this time, but it goes away. Hardly any trees? Texas is a large and diverse state....so its different all over. People think of "cowboys" and rodeo and stuff like that, but where i live theres none of that. Especially if you go to the downtown Dallas/Fort Worth area..all minorities.

the heat here that's killer, don't know if it's the same there in TX, starts in the mid 70's and just gets progressively worse as it goes up. the problem and difference is that it's currently 84% humid... and stays like that through the summer. basically, feels like you're in a saunna, and you can't get away from it. AC doesn't help really, makes a cool humidity, but it sticks with you no matter what. I'd prefer 110 in arizona than 95 here in KS... but really want to go back to washington where weather is nice and cool all year long *nvm the rain* and no sever thunderstorms with tornadic activity all throughout them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom