I hate Rogers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr_Threepwood

Daemon Poster
Rogers have really been ****ing me off lately, not only did they throttle most of thier ports, put in a 60 gig limit and eliminate the ability to make an FTP server without paying more, they now are throttling port 1720. Bittorrents come to a crawl now and those ****ers at rogers are constantly making us pay more for less, I think I will switch services just becuase of this bittorrent garbage. Is there a petetion anywhere to make rogers stop this throttling ****? I want to sign it, and I'll probably write a letter to rogers telling them that thier terrible service has cost them a customer.

Every port is throttled for bit torrent, there is no way to get around it as of yet. People are working on making encrypted packet sending with bittorrent so it decoys rogers detection and gets by without any throttling.

I use utorrent, i just changed the default torrent to somewhere in the high 40000's.

I run an exchange server and a file server at home, so I have no idea what you're talking about.

andyeah, the 60gb THROUGHPUT cap is really ****ing me off, I'd change but meh, its a hassle.

Sympatico is looking good right about now..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom