i hate mainstream rap...but

Status
Not open for further replies.

Static_11

Fully Optimized
on the other hand, some underground stuff, i really really like.

If anyone's up for checking these people out, go for it. Im not looking for this to turn in to a "rap sucks" thread because this stuff isn't about all the crap thats in today's mainstream hip hop.

MySpace.com - SIMS - minneapolis, South - Hip Hop / Indie / Glam - www.myspace.com/simsisabusiness
MySpace.com - P.O.S. - MINNEAPOLIS - Hip Hop / Indie / Punk - www.myspace.com/posisruiningmylife
MySpace.com - MIKE MICTLANâ„¢ - LOS ANGELES/MINNEAPOLIS - Hip Hop / Rap / Funk - www.myspace.com/mikemictlan

They're all part of a crew called doomtree, and from what I've heard, everyone in doomtree has some good tracks up on their page.

Take a minute to check em out.

Yeah Tell The Truth hits hard, no doubt. And Doom Tree is the ****, Static. POS especially. They're all affiliated with Rhymesayers, a very nice local label here. They've got Brother Ali as well, one of the best unknown rappers imo.
YouTube - Brother Ali - Rain Water
YouTube - Brother Ali - Star Quality

Lot of high quality rappers on the label. They play at First Ave pretty often so I get to see them live here in Minneapolis. Happy some more people are taking notice of them.

Post a couple of other good tracks since I'm in the mood:
YouTube - Az - The Come Up
YouTube - J Dilla - "Won't Do"
YouTube - Talib Kweli & Hi-Tek - The Blast
YouTube - nas-purple

It's all about the Real Hip Hop. They don't play the good stuff on the radio. You've gotta dig for it.

"Im not looking for this to turn in to a "rap sucks""

Anyway. I love everything that doomtree has put out. I saw sims and POS when they were here in STL for last years warped tour.

I've yet to see either of them again which really sucks because i love em both.

Sims new stuff rules.

So what type of music is "great"?

Personally I think all music is great in its own way. I just choose to listen to what I find appealing and what I find a meaning in. Just because I don't like a type of music doesn't mean i'll say it sucks. (except mainstream rap...nothing but talking about ho's and money in that)

edit: sorry for double post. my bad.

Personally I think all music is great in its own way. I just choose to listen to what I find appealing and what I find a meaning in. Just because I don't like a type of music doesn't mean i'll say it sucks. (except mainstream rap...nothing but talking about ho's and money in that)

edit: sorry for double post. my bad.

This is exactly how I think and I think all those who says other music "sucks" don't even have a clue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom