I got MacParking Fined again. - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Member's Area > Off Topic Discussion
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 04-29-2009, 03:02 AM   #1 (permalink)
Imperial Space Womble
 
Harper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Australia
Posts: 6,903
Default I got MacParking Fined again.

It was rather busy today at work, so I figured to get some food subsitute. Since christmas, the local McDonald has put in metered parking.
First 45 minutes free. Then after that you have to pay. Not sure what the rate is as I never in a McDonald's for any more than 10 minutes.

So I go into the parking lot. Grab the ticket, put on dash, go inside and eat.
I come back out to my car, and there is parking officer (from a private parking company) photographing me car and issuing me a ticket.

Me :- "Hey. **** you Charlie. I got a ticket"
Ticket Officer :- "You ticket is not on your dash"
Me :- (looks at dash, ticket missing. Look at seat. See ticket)
Me :- That's because it fell on my seat.
Ticket Officer :- It suppose to be on your dashboard.
Me :- It fell off.
Me :- (Show officer ticket clearing showing that am legal to park here)
Ticket Officer :- Nothing I can do about that. You are going to take it up with head office.
Me :- W.T.F! Clearly can't you see that it fell off my dash board.
Ticket Officer :- It's suppose to be on display on your dash board.
Me :- **** you and **** your head office. Since you are only a plastic police man with no real authority, i refuse to recgonise you or the company you stand for. Therefore I refuse to pay this fine.
Ticket Officer :- Fine. We will take you to court then.
Me :- See you there!

Went back in the MacDonalds where the manager as explained to me that he had no real say in the matter.
McManager :- They are private company which we contracted out. We have not real say in the matter.
Me :- Yeah. You got no real say, however it was your choice to metered parking in your establishment.


So far, this is the second time that I have been fine at that parking lot. And both times I had a valid ticket, it just that it fell of my dash board when I was closing the door.

Last time this happened, I faxed them a letter explaining that I did have a valid ticket, it's just that is fell off my dash board.. The reply I got back was that they fine that excuse was unexceptable and they are still proceeding with the parking fine.

I refusing to pay this. Firstly, it's a private parking firm, so they are not linked with the police or the roads & traffic authority. Therefore they can not deduct points off my drivers license. However they could start playing fun and games with my credit rating.

All I can say this to McDonnald Parking "**** YOU. I am not paying it. If you want to take me to court, so be it."
__________________

__________________

"I FEEL SO GOOD I FEEL SO NUMB, YEAH!!!" -- Rob Zombie
Main Rig - AMD FX-8350x8 4.0Ghz CPU, 4x 8Gb (32Gb) DDR3 Ram, Gigabyte GA-970A-D3, GeForce GT 970 4Gb, 1x 256Gb SSD\8Tb (3+2+2+1) SATA HDD, DVDRW, SB X-Fi, Win 10 (64-bit)
Asus N61JV-JX231V - Intel Core i5 3437u (1.9 - 2.4 GHz), 12GB, 640GB, 16" Display, nVidia 325M 1Gb, DVD-RW, Win 10 (64-bit)
Mobile Phone : Samsung Galaxy 5 Note SM-N920IConsole : Play Station 4
Harper is offline  
Old 04-29-2009, 03:26 AM   #2 (permalink)
Lord Techie
 
Kharn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 7,638
Default Re: I got MacParking Fined again.

I hate the cowboy (sorry not you its a term used in the UK quite a lot) parking units, in the UK they are fond of clamping because it is so unregulated and then they charge excessive fines per hour that it is still there.

A relative of mine was parked legally outside the office he works in and it is on road parking on his side of the street on the other side you have to pay for the parking but on this day they decided that the whole road was there's and clamped his car for 7 hours it was amassing fines totalling around the 300 mark. He came out and saw the clamp called the number and they didn't believe him an refused to send some one out to remove the clamp so he called back and asked for the manager an his response was the same as the call centre staff's was. So James walks down the road to Machine mart and buys a petrol powered grinder and a steel cutting disk. removed the clamp puts it in the back of his car and drives home.

Once he gets home he decides to box everything up including the grinder and a letter billing them for it and the removal of the clamp, it's been 6 months now and they are trying to sue him for criminal damage he however is counter suing them for vandalism and with holding property he owns and interference of a vehicle.
__________________

__________________
Visit this and do something for the world!
www.hackersforcharity.org

Want to do even more? Take a look here and join the fight on human trafficking.

Hear and you forget, see and you remember, do and you understand.

Kharn is offline  
Old 04-29-2009, 05:55 AM   #3 (permalink)
Patron
 
saltynay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: West Coast, Singapore
Posts: 5,149
Default Re: I got MacParking Fined again.

Saxons story is better.....
__________________
saltynay is offline  
Old 04-29-2009, 07:00 AM   #4 (permalink)
Lord Techie
 
ricanflow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Euless, Tx
Posts: 6,317
Default Re: I got MacParking Fined again.

lol...screw that meter maid and the stupid company he works for.
__________________
3DMARK06 = 20,341 (3.8GHZ)



Laptop
P7350 | GTX 260M | 4GB DDR2 800 | 320GB HD | X-Fi | Vista 64

Folding Rig/File Server

M775 | E1200 | Foxconn P9657AB
| Dual 8800GT | Antec NeoHE 500 | Barracuda 80GB | Wintec Ampx



ricanflow is offline  
Old 04-29-2009, 08:45 AM   #5 (permalink)
Wizard Techie
 
HAVOC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Milford, Connecticut
Posts: 4,218
Send a message via AIM to HAVOC Send a message via Yahoo to HAVOC
Default Re: I got MacParking Fined again.



KC, buy yourself a roll and tape the friggin tickets to your dashboard... (Future Reference)
HAVOC is offline  
Old 04-29-2009, 09:45 AM   #6 (permalink)
Lord Techie
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: asdf
Posts: 8,861
Default Re: I got MacParking Fined again.

Next time... Just drive off, put fake plates on car first...
c0rr0sive is offline  
Old 04-29-2009, 04:36 PM   #7 (permalink)
The Bulldog
 
zmatt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: In an empty Ramen packet
Posts: 4,660
Default Re: I got MacParking Fined again.

They are parking Nazis the Uni here. A buddy of mine found an interesting way around it though. He has an old parking ticket, and whenever he parks on campus he puts the old ticket under his windshield wiper. So whenever they make their rounds it looks like the car has already been ticketed.

I also have been told that they have no real way of enforcing the parking fines. They aren't real cops and they can't track you down. I heard of a guy who has amassed $300 in parking tickets on campus and hasn't paid a cent. I'm not willing to test it out though.
__________________


ポップ・タルトが大好きです。
<<<<<<<Rep is always welcome
Ultimate Guitar exercises/ Songs for technique
zmatt is offline  
Old 04-29-2009, 06:22 PM   #8 (permalink)
Imperial Space Womble
 
Harper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Australia
Posts: 6,903
Default Re: I got MacParking Fined again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAVOC View Post


KC, buy yourself a roll and tape the friggin tickets to your dashboard... (Future Reference)
Currently I am thinking about getting 10 or 20 tickets printed from thier machine (as it cost me nothing) and leaving them on my dash. As some point in time, I should be able to burn through $83 worth of paper rolls. (wishful thinking)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saxon View Post
I hate the cowboy (sorry not you its a term used in the UK quite a lot) parking units, in the UK they are fond of clamping because it is so unregulated and then they charge excessive fines per hour that it is still there.

A relative of mine was parked legally outside the office he works in and it is on road parking on his side of the street on the other side you have to pay for the parking but on this day they decided that the whole road was there's and clamped his car for 7 hours it was amassing fines totalling around the 300 mark. He came out and saw the clamp called the number and they didn't believe him an refused to send some one out to remove the clamp so he called back and asked for the manager an his response was the same as the call centre staff's was. So James walks down the road to Machine mart and buys a petrol powered grinder and a steel cutting disk. removed the clamp puts it in the back of his car and drives home.

Once he gets home he decides to box everything up including the grinder and a letter billing them for it and the removal of the clamp, it's been 6 months now and they are trying to sue him for criminal damage he however is counter suing them for vandalism and with holding property he owns and interference of a vehicle.
I hope that works out for him. I hate it how some times the law put you in the You're-****ed-if-you-do-you're-****ed-if-you-don't situations

Quote:
Originally Posted by zmatt View Post
I also have been told that they have no real way of enforcing the parking fines. They aren't real cops and they can't track you down. I heard of a guy who has amassed $300 in parking tickets on campus and hasn't paid a cent. I'm not willing to test it out though.
Same deal here. It's a private parking lot with plastic police men. Currently i am not going to do nothing until I start seeing letters from a Debt Collection Agent. Then I am taking them to court.
__________________

__________________

"I FEEL SO GOOD I FEEL SO NUMB, YEAH!!!" -- Rob Zombie
Main Rig - AMD FX-8350x8 4.0Ghz CPU, 4x 8Gb (32Gb) DDR3 Ram, Gigabyte GA-970A-D3, GeForce GT 970 4Gb, 1x 256Gb SSD\8Tb (3+2+2+1) SATA HDD, DVDRW, SB X-Fi, Win 10 (64-bit)
Asus N61JV-JX231V - Intel Core i5 3437u (1.9 - 2.4 GHz), 12GB, 640GB, 16" Display, nVidia 325M 1Gb, DVD-RW, Win 10 (64-bit)
Mobile Phone : Samsung Galaxy 5 Note SM-N920IConsole : Play Station 4
Harper is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Guy at school got fined 5000 for takeing down BBC website. Oreo Off Topic Discussion 9 10-04-2007 10:41 AM


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:02 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.