i got kicked out

Status
Not open for further replies.
My folks would just give it to me, but I pay them back anyway. They have a lot more money now than when I was growing up (but we were well to do then, too), are both retired, and I am the only kid (sister passed away several years ago.

I am very lucky to have the parents I have. Still married after 40 years of marriage and all.

yea my parents are 34 and 33 years old and im 17 (well 17 on the 17th) so as long as they dont get killed in a tragedy they will probably be around for most of my life lol
i love having young parents

My mum was 55 yesterday and my dad's is 57 (his Bday is January 19th mine is on September the 16th) they have bean married 23 years.

OK look, if you live in the US your parents have the right to tell you where to go, who your friends are, what you can wear, etc until you are 18. Like was mentioned earlier, you need to lose the punk lifestyle, that died 25 years ago thank God. Dropping out of school pretty much guarantees you a career filpping burgers. Your diploma is worth an average of $260,000 over your working lifetime. If you want to be a "punk" do it on weekends. Get your head out of your anus and face the facts. Guess what? No matter where you go or what you do, you have rules. Life is hard, make it easier by getting yourself together, getting your diploma and then start out on your own. Quit whining about what you don't have and be thankful for what you DO have. Oh, and take it from me, running away solves nothing either. If you want your parents to trust and respect you, you have to earn it. Learn to respect yourself, respect your parents, and then work on getting them to respect you. I thought my parents were idiots when I was your age. I bet every person on this forum did too. But as I get older I realize that they did the best they could with what knowledge they had. Perfect? **** no. I'm far from a perfect parent myself. But I have yet to meet the perfect kid either.

*theres some knowledge right there
but the thing about dropping your "punk" image is stupid be who you want to be i myself am a huge metal head i wear jeans, black band shirt, chains almost everywhere i go. dont drop yourimage unless its not you

i also dont agree with the dropping out part i know plenty of people whohave dropped out and gone on to live very succesful lifes, yes its harder but i have friends who have no reason to finsish high school, like my best friend loves to work with his dad in construction he loves doing the building planning and all that ****, so he dropped out of high school and now he works 5 days a week and makes over 60k a year

i myself have thought about dropping out of high school plenty of time simply because i dont plan on going to college and getting your GED is easy as **** lol

but it all depends on your situation

Rocky Balboa said:
Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It is a very mean and nasty place and it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me or nobody is going to hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard you hit, it is about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward, how much can you take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done! Now, if you know what you're worth, then go out and get what you're worth. But you gotta be willing to take the hit, and not pointing fingers saying you ain't where you are because of him, or her, or anybody. Cowards do that and that ain't you. You're better than that! I'm always gonna love you, no matter what. No matter what happens. You're my son, you're my blood. You're the best thing in my life. But until you start believing in yourself, you ain't gonna have a life.

I believe this is appropriate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom