I got a ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same here, I didn't get my own computer until I started working my ass off for it..... and even then, that was back in the 7th grade. I would often have to help my dad with his tech work (as well as the dirty work around the house). :|

The Dark Lord said:
This probably breaks a rule or something but, I wonder if the majority of the people on this forum are 40 year old nerds liveing in there moms basement with notheing else to live for... no pun intended... or if most of them are teens like me...
Firstly, I am 28 years old.
Secondly, i've moved out from my parents about 3 years ago.
Martin said:
Same here, I didn't get my own computer until I started working my ass off for it..... and even then, that was back in the 7th grade. I would often have to help my dad with his tech work (as well as the dirty work around the house). :|
DITTO.
Sure, I a manopolised my dad computer alot when I was in high school, but it was not until I finished high school and started working when I finally aquired* a computer that I would call my own.
*knocked if off my employeer as part of my servance pay when I was retrench from my first IT job back in 1996.

I have my own computer now, it's not great, but it's mine and I like it
I paid $50 for the following parts: Gigabyt 6VXE+, Pentium 3 700MHZ, TNT2 Pro, ATI Rage IIC, C-media sound card, SCSI card (I think it's for 80MB/S), 8x CD burner, 10/100 NIC, 56k modem, some random case, 300W PSU
and I upgraded to an Audigy 1 LS, and a 933MHZ P3 (which I overclocked to 1050MHZ)
and $100 for 1GB PC133 SDRAM (2x256 and 1x512)

I find it's actually quite a capable machine, considering the hardware's age.

I don't consider them little punks but I do get a little jealous when I see 13 year olds with $3000 gaming rig. I didn't even have a PC of my own until I turned 17, got a job, and paid for it.

I couldn't agree more...

I get real jelous when a 13 year old has a 3K rig

I will just sit here with my sub 1k rig and be happy, for a while.

I've got a $150 dollar rig from last year. :)

1.2ghz athlon mobile integrated (no socket) into an ecs board with a heatsink that cannot be changed.
2x256mb ram (runs at 266, I upgraded 256mb)
40gb seagate hdd
crappy beige case
cd burner

It is and awesome system for 150 dollars and has served me well. Now I need more power though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom