I get to interview for MY JOB - Monday

Status
Not open for further replies.

veedubfreak

Golden Master
So ya...took 10 months for them to create the position, but i'm finally going to get hired on full time. Yay for benefits and time off. I think its funny that i have to interview for it though. I understand all the legalities and all that, but i just have to wonder what the interview is going to go like.

Them: Still want the job?
Me: Yep.
Them: ok.

*walk back to desk.

Yay for benefits and time off. I think its funny that i have to interview for it though. I understand all the legalities and all that, but i just have to wonder what the interview is going to go like.

Ummmm........... this is also a trick to indirectly fire you too. My mother and one of my friend had thier position "upgraded" and they had to sit for an interview, along with a few others. Funny thing happened as the new position was given to some one else.

Good luck with the interview. For your sake, I hope your employeer is not ****ing you around.

Ummmm........... this is also a trick to indirectly fire you too. My mother and one of my friend had thier position "upgraded" and they had to sit for an interview, along with a few others. Funny thing happened as the new position was given to some one else.

Good luck with the interview. For your sake, I hope your employeer is not ****ing you around.

I hope that doesn't happen mate. That would suck.
Good luck =]:)

They shouldnt be screwing me over. Seeing as i'm a temp, they dont even have to fire me. All they would have had to do was tell me they dont need me to come back.

My wife's former job was created for her, as well. She temped for the company a couple of weeks in a different capacity. When her stint was over, the president asked her to leave her resume. She asked him why, seeing as the girl she was filling in for was back, and he said, "You never know when the outhouse might catch fire" (actual quote).

Anyway, a few weeks later she gets a call from the president. He asked her if she was still interested in working for them. She asked why, and he said that they had created a position that she might be interested in. she asked how many were being considered for the position, and he told her the job was created for her alone. She worked there for six years, and only left to start taking care of her grandmother.

Ya, ive been here as a temp for almost 11 months. The position was essentially created for me. It was only posted internally and then was only done for 1 day for "legal" purposes. I'm just hoping i dont take a cut in pay, but at least i'll get insurance, retirement and days off. Since its a government job, the insurance is free. Whee, i can get that vasectomy now. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom