I FINALLY took the plunge!

Status
Not open for further replies.

beedubaya

Golden Master
I finally took the plunge and ordered an eVGA AGP 6800 GT from newegg. With Nvidia dominating the gaming market, I could just no longer afford not to have an Nvidia card, plus, this will probably save me another year or two without having to build a new PC.

nice move. Especially after all of your ranting about ati ;-)previously I had the ati 9800pro. Now it worked pretty good but nvidia's dominance was too great to ignore. Just purchased a 7800gtx from new egg today. Should be her friday. Is it friday yet?

ps built a whole new system as well.

Yeah, the X800 Pro was fine for what it did....Half Life 2, Far Cry, and BF2 after ATI did some driver fixes, but with Nvidia's dominance and several Doom 3 engine titles comming out soon, plus the fact that 6800 GTs are so cheap and everybody loves them, i just couldn't pass this up.

WOOT, fianlly! no more "why am i getting 10 fps in doom3?" hehe
Cant wait to see how it runs man. Let us know.

Good Call. You'll be able to play CoD 2 correctly along with pretty much everything else. Your X800 was giving you so much BS, you really made a good move to do something about it. like i said, good call.

I thought you were going to wait and save up a bit for the 7800GTX or something? It would only been a couple more paychecks but either way you should notice a nice performance increase in games, especially if you overclock it Ultra speeds which theres absolutely no reason why you shouldn't!!

Not overclocking to ultra speeds will not be forgiven

Well I would have had to pretty much buy a whole new system in order to get the 7800GTX, because of the AGP/PCI-E issue, and being as my PC was my graduation present, I am not ready to trash it right away, and a 6800 GT will last me quite some time. Its not that the X800 Pro is a bad card in itself, its just the drivers suck and no games are being developed with ATI cards in mind these days.

I am currently debating about purchacing another APG video card, or just holding out until my new rig and get a PCI-X instead.

So far the FX5700 256Mb is doing is job, so I think I will do the later.

Well I would have had to pretty much buy a whole new system in order to get the 7800GTX, because of the AGP/PCI-E issue
oh yeah, derr, my bad, you're on AGP....I defended AGP for the longest time too and then I just caved in...basically cost $250 to go from AGP to PCI-E, but hell it was worth it...this card overclocks further than my AGP did no to mention the DFI nf3 board sucked balls so overall the system is a lot more stable

I am currently debating about purchacing another APG video card, or just holding out until my new rig and get a PCI-X instead.
::NERD MOMENT:: PCI-X and PCI-E are two completely different things ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom