I feel like an idiot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yami

Lady Techie
So, I thought I'd do some wire management on my comp as I hadn't done so since I got the thing in november. After I'd done it all (pics coming up), plugged the power in and turned it on, worked fine so I turned off then plugged in the monitor, keyboard and tried booting - no image.
I tried everything, but I just couldn't get anything to display after an hour of reseating RAM, etc., so I gave up for the night and went to bed. After getting home from school about an hour ago, I tried again - but I noticed something. I had been using the wrong monitor cable. That cable is for an old LCD which has no power cable. After finding the correct cable, it worked perfectly :p

I feel like an idiot LOL XD

I've just posted the pics in the wire management thread.

I feel like that when I forgot to plug in the CPU 4 pin power cable
and another time when I forgot to plug in the CPU fan cable

plus, I did some re-wiring too..... in a new case!

i did something similar when rewiring, booted up computer, constant loud beeping and no boot, after trying all kinds of different things for 2 hours i figured out i forgot to plug in my video card power cords lol

I did somthing similar, my computer was not booting so I disconnected all the wires and put them in again. The computer turned on but no picture. I forgot to plug the video card power in and when I did that I didn't boot again :(

I have had a fair few 3 in the morning WHY WONT YOU WORK!!!! ARGH!!!!! CHEEP TAIWANESE CRAP!!!!! FREAKING WORK!!!!! moments only to realise that I have forgot to connect the power button switch to the mobo or left of the 12v ATX etc... you end up feeling like a right idiot when you realise what you did but when your building 50 machines in 1 week I think you are allowed a little late night idiot moments.

I have had a fair few 3 in the morning WHY WONT YOU WORK!!!! ARGH!!!!! CHEEP TAIWANESE CRAP!!!!! FREAKING WORK!!!!! moments only to realise that I have forgot to connect the power button switch to the mobo or left of the 12v ATX etc... you end up feeling like a right idiot when you realise what you did but when your building 50 machines in 1 week I think you are allowed a little late night idiot moments.

That sounds aweful O_O How come you had to do 50 machines?

Edit: Gratz on 5000 posts ;) I just reached 500.

Hmmmm, anyone else just finished a rebuild, and hit the power button... Nothing... Checked everything, again, nothing. Unplugged everything, plugged everything back in, nothing. Dismantled the lot, put it all back together again, nothing... Checked the on/off switch on the power supply... Oh. Maybe I should switch that to the "On" position...

When Nick built my PC, we had everything working, so we plugged the monitor, mouse and keybaord in and turned it on.
Nothing.

Off came the side panel again, checked through everything, and couldn't find anything wrong.
After a while we realised we had plugged the mouse into the keyboard port and vise versa (they were old non coloured plugs :p ). We felt like idiots, but were quite relieved :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom